Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sketti O's smell the same once they've been puked... just so you know.

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:34 AM
  • 19 Replies

Why is it that I'm always naked when my son pukes on me? Never when I'm clothed. Never.

He ate sketi o's for dinner tonight.Turns out, they smell the same going down as they do coming up.  When we heard him crying about twenty minutes ago, hubs and I got up to check on him and discovered a VERY dirty diarrhea diaper. Hubs change him and handed him to me for singing and rocking time. He occassionally has diarrhea, nothing that worried us. So, when he started crying in the middle of his FAVORITE bedtime song, I pulled him back to look at his face to see if he was teething.. and he pukes all over me.

Why was I naked, you ask? I sleep in the nude. My DS is 18 months old, he doesn't care if mommy is naked. And skin-to-skin is always more comforting. I'm rethinking my 'sleeping in the nude' until he's old enough to tell me he's going to be sick. :(

He's fine, btw. No fever, nothing. He just puked and was fine. No idea what caused it. I think he drank too much too fast and had a wet burp that just turned into vomit. What gets me is he's NEVER thrown up on my husband. Not once. You'd think he'd wanna change it up a little.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyranightshade
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Not even a "ha-ha!" ?

lyranightshade
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:44 AM

No funny, "I got puked on" stories?

amazingaudri
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:46 AM

haha. I have the same problem. Ally always spits up or throws up on me, NEVER on my hubby.

I guess moms just scream "puke on me!!! I can take it! Hell, give it all you've got!"

lyranightshade
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:49 AM

I just wish I were CLOTHED when it happens. lol That's all I ask for. Clothing.

Quoting amazingaudri:

haha. I have the same problem. Ally always spits up or throws up on me, NEVER on my hubby.

I guess moms just scream "puke on me!!! I can take it! Hell, give it all you've got!"

amazingaudri
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:49 AM

My daughter puked on my at my friend's wedding right before she was one. Man did that suck, and it was right as we were next in the recieving line. Nothing like having the bride ask why you smell funny.

Quoting lyranightshade:

No funny, "I got puked on" stories?

Crystallynn
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:50 AM

well- if you must know.  The FUNDOG brand of hotdogs that we had in northern wisconsin, smell the same coming up as they do cooking......LOL 

amazingaudri

At least you can jump into the shower that much quicker! With the puke clothes, you have to pull the shirt over your head.

Quoting lyranightshade:

Quoting amazingaudri:

-RPGmomof3-

2 out of 3 kids have spit up into my mouth while tossing them in the air.... i learned after the 2nd one to keep my mouth closed and not laugh or smile while doing it....0.0

lyranightshade
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Eeww... if I ever run across FUNDOG brand, I'm skipping it.  lol

Quoting Crystallynn:

well- if you must know.  The FUNDOG brand of hotdogs that we had in northern wisconsin, smell the same coming up as they do cooking......LOL 

lyranightshade
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Lol I just feel gross... Like puke smell is gonna stay with me. lol I know it's a phantom stench, one that it's in my head.. but still.. ew.

Quoting amazingaudri:

At least you can jump into the shower that much quicker! With the puke clothes, you have to pull the shirt over your head.

Quoting lyranightshade:

Quoting amazingaudri:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)