Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Amazon

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:44 AM
  • 6 Replies

I just ordered an Amazon gift card and there was no shipping and handling.. Does anyone know if there usually isnt?  I almost did the 2 day shipping but ended up not doing it and then it went to something that was 'Free 2 day shipping" but then you have to pay 79 for a year or something.. I really hope i didnt do that thing though?  Does anyone know if gift cards usually are free shipping and handling?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Usually anything from amazon(not partner companies)over 25 dollars is free. If you did the amazon prime you would have been taken to a comfirmation page.

mommy_lisa25
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:46 AM

They probably just mail it in a prepaid postage envelope.

UxorQuodMatris
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:48 AM

I would write them and make sure you didn't sign up.

I did that once, forgot about it and ended up having the money taken out of my account.

They refunded the money, lucky me. I still can't believe a company fixed something that was completely my own fault.

NattysMommy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:59 AM

I don't see why you'd have to pay shipping on a gift card...it doesn't weigh much at all....?? 

AndreaOf3
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:23 AM

I was going to buy a Buffalo Wild wings gift card online before (2 of them) and shipping was about $15.. Crazy.. $15 shipping for two gift cards.. I didnt buy them because that.. Lol

Quoting NattysMommy:

I don't see why you'd have to pay shipping on a gift card...it doesn't weigh much at all....?? 

jenzachsam
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:35 AM

It depends on what shipment you chose.  There's like 4 different types of shipment.  One is the expedited shipment that comes 1-3 days, Amazon Prime-Where you pay a flat fee the whole yr.  Standard shipping-1-2 weeks.  Or the super-saver shipping.  The super saver shipping is anything over 25 that qualifies in the super saver program.  I ordered COD for dh by super-saver, I paid 0 shipping.  However it does take a lil bit longer to ship sometimes.  You can click on your account on the upper right side of the screen.  There you can track your package and view your invoice detail.  A couple blocks below it you can see Amazon Prime.  If you click on Manage Amazon Prime, it should tell you if you are enrolled or not. 

ETA: Everything gets weighed to either pay for shipping/free shipping.  We have to weigh it to ship it out or UPS/and others get finicky about it.  The moment you click submit payment the order gets seperated into different facillities/warehouses.  Those scales pick up everything at Amazon's warehouses as they do at the post offices.  

"No pain, no gain".  Jen, wife to Sam.  Mom to Zachary, Daniel, and Jasper.  Jasper has Mild Pulmonary Valve Stenosis. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)