Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Contractions? Help.

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:15 AM
  • 18 Replies

I think I am having contractions tonight but I cant remember what they feel like. I had my daughter 11 months ago but man was that epidural nice. I dont remember the pain! So tell me. When you labor at home what did yours feel like? Mine is pain in my lower abdomen. Below my "bump" if you can call it that anymore! Its so big! Anyway I've been getting my husband all excited because I keep telling him when I feel it. So tell me what yours felt like? Also did you feel sick, hungry, hyper, tired, drowsy, etc before you went into labor? I've been feeling sick and hyper and sometimes hungry.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JSA8914
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:18 AM

Mine felt like a tight, painful squeeze below my belly and around my sides. I got really nauseous from mine.

luvnmyfam13
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:19 AM

Thanks. I dont know if mine really feels like a "squeeze" I cant quite explain it. I get a few seconds of pain every few hours..

Quoting JSA8914:

Mine felt like a tight, painful squeeze below my belly and around my sides. I got really nauseous from mine.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:21 AM

Its been awhile but I always had sharp pains in the middle of my back then tight squeezing of my side & stomach muscles

And your stomach is probably growling because "it" knows if  you go in to full labor your stomach won't be getting any food for awhile...Good Luck

vazfrogjr
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:22 AM

Bump!! 

Amanda 7-5-99  Kiki 8-6-00 Adrian12-5-06

luvnmyfam13
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:24 AM

I said its too big to be a bump! Its a small hill!!! Lol. Thanks for bumping. :)

Quoting vazfrogjr:

Bump!! 

luvnmyfam13
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:26 AM

See my back has been sore the past couple days and I get sharp pains in my "side back"  (dont know another way to put it) like right above my hip bones or straight up from the sides of my ass lol. Oh yeah another question ladies... Did your baby slow way down or keep pretty much the same momentum with keeping you up at night?

Quoting Sassy762:

Its been awhile but I always had sharp pains in the middle of my back then tight squeezing of my side & stomach muscles

And your stomach is probably growling because "it" knows if  you go in to full labor your stomach won't be getting any food for awhile...Good Luck

Kerfuffle
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:27 AM

I didn't feel anything until I was 6-8 cm dilated with my first 2. (my third was an emergency c-section)....   The only way I knew I was in labor was that I had a little bit of bleeding...  and my belly would get really hard for 30-60 secs... and then relax...  then get hard again.  Put your hand on your belly and see if that happens.

I had a low back ache....  diarrhea....  and I lost my appetite

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign
vazfrogjr
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:28 AM

Quoting luvnmyfam13:

I said its too big to be a bump! Its a small hill!!! Lol. Thanks for bumping. :)

Quoting vazfrogjr:

Bump!! 

it was the only thing I could do... LOL

my son is now 3 he was a C-sec and I didnt feel the cont. they said I was having them and I thought it was just him Kicking.   Im sorry I couldnt help..

Amanda 7-5-99  Kiki 8-6-00 Adrian12-5-06

lvnmylif
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:29 AM

My braxton hicks felt like early labor contractions.  They would every night become regular for about an hour or two.  When I went into actual labor my contractions became intense very quickly and did not let up.

luvnmyfam13
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Lol. I was just being funny. Its past my bedtime tonight and i'm goofy. :)

Quoting vazfrogjr:

Quoting luvnmyfam13:

Quoting vazfrogjr:

Bump!! 

it was the only thing I could do... LOL

my son is now 3 he was a C-sec and I didnt feel the cont. they said I was having them and I thought it was just him Kicking.   Im sorry I couldnt help..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)