Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Racist Blind people

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:26 AM
  • 7 Replies

My friend and I had a bet so we want your guys opinions.

Can blind people be racist?

If so how?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Just_Bethy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:27 AM

I really think a lot of racism is learned behaviour .. So I would say yes...they can....How is another thing...lol 

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

nessy1980
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:27 AM

yes they can be racist because they still have ears and they can dislike a certain race, some people are taught to be racist and stick with it. When I was working in nursing there was patient and she was black and dementia and she was racist, she was so racist she wouldnt drink white milk. 

baebear
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Quoting nessy1980:

yes they can be racist because they still have ears and they can dislike a certain race, some people are taught to be racist and stick with it. When I was working in nursing there was patient and she was black and dementia and she was racist, she was so racist she wouldnt drink white milk. 

lol that is funny

harakal1
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:33 AM

I agree about the elderly black lady that wouldn't drink white milk. That is too funny. As for blind people being racist...Of course anyone can be racist. You don't have to have eyes to form opinions about a group of people. We are taught to hate, we're not born that way. If I heard someone saying something bad about a group over and over I would probably form an opinion based on what I was taught. 

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:00 AM

sure why not! Just because they don't see doesnt mean they can't pass judgement

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:03 AM

Quoting harakal1:

I agree about the elderly black lady that wouldn't drink white milk. That is too funny. As for blind people being racist...Of course anyone can be racist. You don't have to have eyes to form opinions about a group of people. We are taught to hate, we're not born that way. If I heard someone saying something bad about a group over and over I would probably form an opinion based on what I was taught. 

I agree - I've even met a racist child! She was 11, I was subbing for a Middle School Literature class. It happened to be Anne Frank, this child voiced to the entire class that Jews deserved the Holocaust! I was only 20 didn't know how to handle the situation so I sent her to the principals office.

WhyDoYouCare
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:45 AM

That is so sad:(

Quoting Supervane:

Quoting harakal1:

I agree - I've even met a racist child! She was 11, I was subbing for a Middle School Literature class. It happened to be Anne Frank, this child voiced to the entire class that Jews deserved the Holocaust! I was only 20 didn't know how to handle the situation so I sent her to the principals office.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)