Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He is at the door for the HUNDRENDTH freaking time and I just want to cry

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:38 AM
  • 84 Replies

I am trying to hard to get my 17 month old to stay in his bed all night long and not take him to my bed. He gets up like 3-7 times a night,.. always has... and im sitting here in the middle of the freakin night out in the living room waiting for him to get out of his bed and come to the door and try to get out to come to my room.. I have to keep going in there and putting him back and he is up for like an hour at a time.... so I dont sllep and he doesnt sleep... but if he comes to my bed, he is still up all the time, wanting to play. It sucks either way... and i just want to cry.. cuz I dont ever sleep.. and it doesnt seem to affect him during the day with how much he is up at night. It doesnt affect his nap or how much energy he has and im just exhausted all the time.. this is just sooo freakin hard

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwensMama824
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:41 AM

When my son won't sleep I strap him in a chair, put on an Elmo movie, and go to bed. He usually falls asleep by the time it's over, if not then at least I got to sleep a little. 

futureshock
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:42 AM

Why not just let him sleep with you?

OwensMama824
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:43 AM

This chair w/o the toy bar. He is almost 17 months. 

JMVITT

When my son used to do that, I cut out his afternoon nap.  He slept all night and sound.  Hope you get some sleep soon!

Rmiddelton

Maybe he's not ready for a bed yet. Try using a pack N play or his crib for awhile longer. My twin boys are 18 months old and I will not deal with that crap they sleep in matching Pack nPlays theyare not ready for a big boy bed yet, and neither am I, lol.

mommy_israel
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:44 AM

get a baby gate for his door  if that doesnt work shut his door thats what i had to do with my son  but now he will only sleep in his bed

genniems
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:44 AM

I will tell you are doing the right thing...he is still young and they go through this...I am so sorry you are not getting sleep as a result...but keep consistent.  He will eventually learn to sleep on his own.  A good transition may be you could lay in his room with him for a little while until he falls asleep?  That's what I did w/ both my kids when I was trying to get them adjusted to sleeping by themselves.  I would then sneak out once they fallen asleep.  Good luck mama...

DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:45 AM

Quoting OwensMama824:

When my son won'tm sleep I strap him in a chair, put on an Elmo movie, and go to bed. He usually falls asleep by the time it's over, if not then at least I got to sleep a little. 

you leave your son "Strapped" in a chair and YOU go to bed???? did I read that right??

Rmiddelton
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:46 AM

Quoting DomesticDoll:

Quoting OwensMama824:

When my son won'tm sleep I strap him in a chair, put on an Elmo movie, and go to bed. He usually falls asleep by the time it's over, if not then at least I got to sleep a little. 

you leave your son "Strapped" in a chair and YOU go to bed???? did I read that right??

Yeah thats what I was thinking, LOL My boys would flex and break out of that lil chair in no time, lol.

soakley
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:46 AM

Quoting futureshock:

Why not just let him sleep with you?

Cuz he is just awake.. and wanting to play for like 3 -4 hours at a time. He only sleeps for an hour a half every day for nap.. but its rare for him to not be up from like 3-6am just playing...and still get up by 7:30... its like he just doesnt need sleep... and before hte 3 am, he has already gotten up neumerous times and he wakes his sister up, who just so happens to love sleeping.. and its jsut frustrating all around.. I feel like i dont win either way.. if he stays in his bed, he doesnt try to play... it just takes like an hour to get him back to bed.. but i usually only have to be up just for that hour... he usually doesnt wake up again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)