Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Here's a scenario for you.

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:42 AM
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: What would you do? Read bottom first

Options:

Let it die

Feed it the drugs

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 30

View Results

So, since we're all talking about abortions tonight, here's a scenario for you, and I want you to tell me what you would do.

My Uncle told me this story a couple of months ago.

A woman was pregnant. She was a crackhead, a methhead, an alcoholic, and a prostitute. She wanted to have an abortion, but she either couldn't afford it or it was illigal in her state. I can't remember what my uncle said, but anyways. She lost all parental rights as soon as the baby was born. There was a complication though. Because the baby was already addicted to the drugs, he was going through withdrawls SO bad, there doctors had a decision to make. They either would have to A)not even attempt to save the poor child or B) they would have to send cocain directly to his bloodstream through an IV to keep him alive. Now...tell me? As a person? What you would do?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuluPepperpot
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:54 AM

I voted to give it the drugs, assuming their intention was to slowly wean the baby off. 

"Without imagination or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning." ~Gloria Steinem

LilrockerMama
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:56 AM

exactly

Quoting LuluPepperpot:

I voted to give it the drugs, assuming their intention was to slowly wean the baby off. 

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:56 AM

I didnt vote... As a person no way would I give a newborn drugs! As a medical professional I would. That kind of situation often happens and the baby has to be weaned.The point of Doctors is to try by all means to keep people alive and/or provide the best quality of life.

LisaRoyNKaden
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:57 AM

Quoting LuluPepperpot:

this.

hisbabybat
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:00 AM

This. no doubt. Sometimes the right choice isn't always glaringly obvious and morally ideal- doesn't mean it isn't the right choice none the less.

Quoting LilrockerMama:

exactly

Quoting LuluPepperpot:

"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost."

SpiritedTigress
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:06 AM

I'm sure there are other options, though I agree with this woman.
I would sterlize that bitch and lock her up for child endangerment / murder.

Quoting LuluPepperpot:

jackiec7707
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:08 AM

As bad as it may sound I vote for feed the baby the drugs. The baby is alive and if the only problem here is addiction. Give it the drugs and ween it off. It's sad but how could they just let the baby die because it's an addict?  What did they do?

PinUpGirl7376
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:09 AM

Give the baby the drugs and then taper the baby off. 

jackiec7707
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:09 AM

I agree that this loser needs to be charged with whatever they can find to charge her with. Attempted murder, child endangerment, and everything else they can!

Quoting SpiritedTigress:

I'm sure there are other options, though I agree with this woman.
I would sterlize that bitch and lock her up for child endangerment / murder.

Quoting LuluPepperpot:

AlyssaRob1416
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Give the baby the drugs and wean him off.

Actually, the NICU has ways to wean a baby from Narcotics, since so many get "addicted" from all the pain meds they are given at birth. I don't think they would actually give cocaine, but would administer a weaning "cocktail". The nurse told me that's what they do when a baby has withdrawals from the Morphine/Versed/Ativan (I think those were the drugs)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)