Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever just sit and THINK I mean really think?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:59 AM
  • 7 Replies

When Carley was born this happened and I did relize this untill a few nights ago at the 3 am feeding...

I went in at 4cm walked around got to 6 got my epi and they broke my water, and the dr went silent and said to go get the ultrasound, mean while I asked what wrong dr said theres alot of blood in your water. They do the U/S and shes fine and low..

So when I was pushing her out (3 pushes in 3 min) I remember the background there were about 12 people in my room ALL nurses and NICU drs... I didnt relize until my 6 weekpp check up that i got 6 yes 6 stiches.. and that I tore up rather than down.. like a question mark.. think about it.

Well i call my dr and they read my files to me and the dr put in a "worry" for babys health..

Ok NOW I am freaked out, my baby was being watched more like a high risk rather than "normal"
She came out SCREAMING and about half the drs and nurses left.

Now I didn't notice this going on. my Hubby and MIL knew more than I did at the time and I feel I dont know helpless, worried. Scared but I know that If I knew what they new things would have been worse with me being scared.

have you thought back to your delivery and "relive it" and notice things..?

to compare delivers with both kids my first was worst this was eh.. not AS painfull as being induced (medicaly hehe thank you for castoroil)
but it was painfull.

But think about it if you havent yet

Do you cut or have you cut PLEASE come and talk things out with us we're a new group and its ONLY for cutters or self hurting issues!! nothing leaves our group its all in privacy!! 
http://www.cafemom.com/group/108920

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lvnmylif
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:23 AM

I think about all four of my deliveries but none of them were out of the ordinary.  With my second child DH and I went over the epidural time and time again.  I should not have received it because I was fully dilated.  That moment has become a kind of turning point in my life.  I have complications from that epidural almost three years later.  It's a tad bit to long to go into here but I do wonder now if I had made the nurse check if I would be dealing with some of the things I am dealing with now.  Who knows. 

BronxBommaMomma
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:24 AM

Goodness yes! I replay the whole thing quite a bit...but  mostly because I wish I had asked more questions when they told me we should do a cesarian.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:28 AM

Yes i think about it and will be forever grateful to my dr at the time and head of department for listening to my wishes versus letting a resident doctor cut on me when i said no c-section unless life or death.  I also try to figure out if there were any warning signs before i knew i had a near fatal blood infection when the birth was "clean".

AlyssaRob1416
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:35 AM

Every damn day.

A few months ago, I requested the reports from my c-section since I was under general anesthesia and I somehow have the stupid feeling of having to know exactly what happened. I couldn't get it out of my head for over a week. I had a traumatic birth though. I seriously think I have a minor form of PTSD from it.

Rmiddelton
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:46 AM

Nope I knew what was going on. I was a paranoid wreck, it was my first c-section and I delivered twins at 35 weeks and I saw both of them when they came out, I even had a convo with the dr performing the c section. Although I was shaking uncontrollably. I saw my babies, I heard both of them cry and was wheeled back to my room and when only one baby was being passed around to family I freaked out wondering where's my other baby. He was not breathing well and I could hear him making a snorting noise and there was 7 nurses around him and I kept asking whats wrong with him, is he ok?? Whilst I was barfing from the meds, they told me he was not breathing well and needed to be taken to th NICU, and I sent my husband with him. He had preemie lung and needed an IV of antibiotics and oxygen for 24 hours and I missed my baby and while I had one baby with me the whole time I wanted to see my other one, and the nurses said I need to rest and recover and I said if you don't get me am effin wheelchair Im gonna walk over there. So my husband got me a wheelchair and we went to the NICU where almost a whole day later was when I got to hold my baby Van for the first time. I didn't want to leave him there. But my wonderful husband stayed with him the whole time.

mommasbabies77
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:39 AM
I dunno.

Why was there extra blood in your fluid and the baby deemed high risk out of curiousity? Tell me its not my business if it isn't.

TravisJohnsmama
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:47 AM
Quoting mommasbabies77:

I dunno.

Why was there extra blood in your fluid and the baby deemed high risk out of curiousity? Tell me its not my business if it isn't.

I honestly do not know.. Thats why I was psting here to see what you all think I should do..

I do not know why I was bleeding so bad and why there were nicu drs there.. So I think (someone mentioned this in my other post) I am going to call kaiser (yeah i kno they suck!!) and tell them i want ALL my records of the birth read to me from a NEW dr.. I dont understand why there was blood IN the water or whay she was dubed high risk.. bit it all just dawnedon me the other day..

Do you cut or have you cut PLEASE come and talk things out with us we're a new group and its ONLY for cutters or self hurting issues!! nothing leaves our group its all in privacy!! 
http://www.cafemom.com/group/108920

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)