Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is an appropriate tip for spa services?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:01 AM
  • 6 Replies

So I have never been to a spa before and my boyfriend was a sweetheart and got me a gift certificate to a spa for Christmas last month. I deceded to use it right before my birthday, which is thursday. It is for any three 45 min treatments that I choose and is worth 125. Since I have never been to a spa before I was wondering what would be an appropraite tip. I just booked  it and all 3 treatments will be with the same girl.

I am a 23 year old, breastfeeding, baby wearing, non cio, will be ERF, bisexual, martial arts teaching, trying to do everything because her SO is a trucker, working mommy who will do damn near anything for my boyfriend and our beautiful daughter Kira Elizabeth! BUT I also realize that my choices fit my family and believe that everyone should do what fits theirs. Respect me and my choices and I will gladly do the same.  ~Allie~

breastfeedinggay pride ribbonbaby in slingchanging light bulb

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Allie_kat1
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:14 AM

Anyone?

I am a 23 year old, breastfeeding, baby wearing, non cio, will be ERF, bisexual, martial arts teaching, trying to do everything because her SO is a trucker, working mommy who will do damn near anything for my boyfriend and our beautiful daughter Kira Elizabeth! BUT I also realize that my choices fit my family and believe that everyone should do what fits theirs. Respect me and my choices and I will gladly do the same.  ~Allie~

Just_Bethy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:18 AM

I would probably tip...for three treatments..$25...Thats 20% sounds good to me....

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

candice0521
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:19 AM

I usually tip depending on how good they are, if they just hurried up and didn't seem to care, they get nothing, but if they are really nice and took the time to ask you questions about yourself, then I usually tip 5 to 10$, they already get like a dollar a minute, so to me that is good, but Im not sure about other ppl.

Allie_kat1
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Bump

RaynesMommy07
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:06 PM

I never tip less than $20.  I guess it would depend on how well your service was, that's what I would base it on.  But it's not an easy job, so I think $20 at least, is a good tip. 

TOMUCH_2FAST
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Its hard to say whats appropriate. it all depends on how well the women is how nice she is just things like that. I am going to school to become a massage therapist so i hear about tips and things all the time and i would say most people on average tip anywhere from 10-50. But dont feel like you cant tip under and you cant tip over do what you think she deserves.

Ready?? I am 20 years old, non married, still with my daughters father, semi CIO, on time vaccinating, spanking, Bottle giving, open minded, high school grad. full time college student, WOTH  mommy to Mariah and i wouldn't change a second of it for the world.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)