Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i think he's putting it off..

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:03 AM
  • 10 Replies

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years and have two kids together.. I have my whole wedding planned out.. My dresses, my colors, when I want to get married, whose going to be in my wedding, and EVERYTHING.. I want to marry him so bad.. I want to spend the rest of my life with him but he wont ask the question. When he talks to people he says I'm his fiance and that we are going to get married but he has been saying that for over a year now. I just feel like he is putting it off as long as he can and it upsets me.. :(

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
randmmom05
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:05 AM

Forget about what he says to other people what does he say to you about it?

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:06 AM

SO is doing the same - minus calling me his finacee ... but he doesnt correct people if they say im his wife - i do.

he'll tell me when hes going to ask , than have an excuse as to why i dont deserve it ... ive asked him once and he said no ... if i get this job ,ill be asking w/ a ring next time. ... but his other date he chose to ask me , is comming up in a few months , so if it doesnt happen we're over. hes already looking for a place, but its supposed to be for us , but im not leaving the apartment thats in my name if theres zero commitment.

spore
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:08 AM

He is probably just nervous babe =)

My SO was gonna pop the question one night...but later chickend out...I wondered why his cousin kept on smiling at him.

We're in a rought spot right now...so it'll be awhile...

KBM99
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:15 AM

He tells me he loves me and wants to be with me for the rest of his life but a few nights ago we were talking about Maci and her fiance on Teen mom and how her fiance was gone for 2 weeks working and then he came home and that night he went out partying and stayed out until like 8 am and while he was with his friends he was pretty much saying he was single and he said something like thats fucked up if he's engaged he should be commited to her completely and I said well what if they werent engaged but they had a baby together and he said thats a different story he didnt pop the question.. And that hurt.. Like I know my SO loves me and I know he's not cheating on me or anything like that but hearing that really hurt..

Quoting randmmom05:

KBM99
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:18 AM

I'm about to start correcting people and him because I hate hearing him call me his fiance and then people looking at my ring finger..

Quoting tha-hawt-mommie:

SO is doing the same - minus calling me his finacee ... but he doesnt correct people if they say im his wife - i do.

he'll tell me when hes going to ask , than have an excuse as to why i dont deserve it ... ive asked him once and he said no ... if i get this job ,ill be asking w/ a ring next time. ... but his other date he chose to ask me , is comming up in a few months , so if it doesnt happen we're over. hes already looking for a place, but its supposed to be for us , but im not leaving the apartment thats in my name if theres zero commitment.

randmmom05
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:22 AM

He probably didnt mean anything by it.  Us women tend to read into things to much I do it all the time to my DF. I would just point blank ask him so what day would you like to get married on? See what he says.

Quoting KBM99:

He tells me he loves me and wants to be with me for the rest of his life but a few nights ago we were talking about Maci and her fiance on Teen mom and how her fiance was gone for 2 weeks working and then he came home and that night he went out partying and stayed out until like 8 am and while he was with his friends he was pretty much saying he was single and he said something like thats fucked up if he's engaged he should be commited to her completely and I said well what if they werent engaged but they had a baby together and he said thats a different story he didnt pop the question.. And that hurt.. Like I know my SO loves me and I know he's not cheating on me or anything like that but hearing that really hurt..

Quoting randmmom05:

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:24 AM

oh i hate it too!!

Quoting KBM99:

I'm about to start correcting people and him because I hate hearing him call me his fiance and then people looking at my ring finger..

Quoting tha-hawt-mommie:

KBM99
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:25 AM

We set a date for July 12, 2009 but we split up for a few months and got back together in March 2009 and we put the wedding off well now we decided on September 2010 and if he would ask the question before March I could plan my wedding for September but I dont think he's going to :(

Quoting randmmom05:

He probably didnt mean anything by it.  Us women tend to read into things to much I do it all the time to my DF. I would just point blank ask him so what day would you like to get married on? See what he says.

Quoting KBM99:

Quoting randmmom05:

soakley
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:28 AM

I dont really have any advice... but I just wanted to say that your profile picture is just gorgeous and you look like a ton of fun and if he doesnt grab onto you, he is a silly silly man.. :-D

KBM99
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:40 PM

thank you.. And I am a ton of fun.. But now that I have a family I like having fun spending time with my family rather then going out.. I still go out sometimes but not near as much as I did before because I have different priorities now.. But we still have a blast together.. Last night we played xbox and me, Adam, and Brett wrestled haha. So we're always having fun but still..

Quoting soakley:

I dont really have any advice... but I just wanted to say that your profile picture is just gorgeous and you look like a ton of fun and if he doesnt grab onto you, he is a silly silly man.. :-D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)