Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

your Child's wardrobe....How much ya think you spend a season??!!!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:18 AM
  • 42 Replies

LIke for winter or summer   how much do you spend? 

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AprilDJC
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:20 AM

Per year, maybe $300 per kid. Most of that is the beginning of the school year. That includes shoes. I'm spending a little more this year since we will have a good income tax refund. 

Rmiddelton
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:21 AM

Oh man, I don't even know! I usually try shopping the sales and stuff, but I guess I would have to say between 500 and 1000 since I have 3 kids and I usually shop at Old Navy, or Ross, or Walmart, Target, and some others. But I do most of my clothes shopping online.

allycally
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:21 AM

0-$50: grandparents buy all of their clothes..I usually supplement the wardrobe with a few items... 

ballerina18
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:21 AM

Not enough. I feel I am constantly looking for clean, warm clothes in my DD drawers. I need to go buy her a new wardrobe. I think I could get away with spending $75 for a bunch of new clothes.

I am an educated, breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co-sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling, liberal, pro-choice, atheist mama to a beautiful two year old girl! My S.O. is my equal and my best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT not a privilege!

momx22
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:22 AM

probably around...a few hundred between the both of them. they are growing so so fast right now its crazy! just a couple of weeks ago i bought ds a few sz 4t sweat pants and thr hi waters on him now..maybe they shrank just a tad but its mostly him growing so fast

SunnshinneMommi
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:25 AM

WOW! Well between my mom and my FH and I we spend alot of money! I usually shop 1 to 2 seasons ahead thinking I'm spending money! The cheapest season is summer! That being because I buy really cheap clothes that she can mess up and I can throw away if I want. At most for the summer $100. She has dresses for church and thats usually a couple hundred dollars a season.

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:26 AM

Not much grandma's, great-grandma's and godmother do her shopping for all of her clothes and shoes. I only buy something for DD if its to super cute to pass up!

lvnmylif
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:26 AM

We pretty much have two seasons here.  Hot and not so hot.  I don't have to spend as much in the winter because they can use most of their summer shirts almost year round.  I do two major clothes shopping trips twice a year then get odds and ends here and there.  We spend probably about 1,000 a year on all four boys. 

AprilDJC
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:26 AM

Quoting AprilDJC:

Per year, maybe $300 per kid. Most of that is the beginning of the school year. That includes shoes. I'm spending a little more this year since we will have a good income tax refund. 

I meant $300 per kid per year for that lol, not season. So probably $75 or so per kid per season.

FL2AK
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:27 AM

For winter gear, shoes and clothes for the year I would say at least $1000 per kid.  I buy each of them new clothes for school which is about $600, then winter gear which is another $400.  I buy them clothes throughout the year when I see something I like or if they find something. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)