Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel so bad....

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:01 AM
  • 4 Replies

My dd is 3 and an only child. Where we live, there are only a few kids her age and they don't come out much in the winter and we haven't talked to them enough for me to knock on the door and see if their kids can play....so anyway, the other day my dd told my mom that she is sad because she has no friends :-( which isn't true...but my friends who have kids all have different schedules and it's hard to coordinate playdates. I can't enroll her back into preschool (we moved in the middle and the school wouldn't let her in halfway through)....I'm going to be signing her up for ballet classes, but i feel so bad that she thinks that way!

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MixedCooke
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:03 AM

My 2 year old really doesnt have any friends, just a lot of adult family members!  I try and set up playdates, but will be enrolling her in preschool soon.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:07 AM

Is there a local library someone could take her to where kids could possibly playing?  My dd is the youngest of 5 but the only one living here.  She hasnt expressed loneliness to me but she does love to talk to other children at a park or the library when we go choose books to read.  I want to try the storytime but leery of her sitting still..

CTC7122006
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:14 AM

i've taken her to the library, it's hit or miss....i know she won't sit still for story time yet....she is soooo sociable though, anywhere we go she will just walk up to other kids (doesn't matter boy or girl or older/younger) and grab their hand and just start talking and playing! 

Wshngstr1976
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:17 AM

how about a park? I'm not sure how cold it is there where you are...but parks are a great place for kids to meet other kids....or even a McDonalds play land area. My daughter use to love doing that and meeting kids there. No long term friends but at least its socializing :).

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)