Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shouldn't there be a universally accepted time of day at which you can start being..

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:23 AM
  • 0 Replies

...an asshole? 

I mean, seriously, how early do you have to get up, so that you're fresh and ready to needlessly piss someone off? 

My husband's aunt called a few minutes ago to confirm when I'd be coming by her place in the States to pick up some stuff I ordered from Amazon and managed, in that 5 minute phone call, at 6:57 am, to ask me if it's true that my kid is taking Mandarin lessons.  I said yes and she loves it and the woman says, "It's a silly thing for a child to take and don't you agree it's a little pretentious?"  I just "no" and then quickly thanked her for calling and told her I had to let the dog out to pee.  What is wrong with people?  Or, as I suspect, is it my fault for answering the phone that early? 

Hope your day started off less annoying than mine!  ;-)

The only appropriate attitude for man to have about the big questions, is not the arrogant certitude that is the hallmark of religion, but doubt. Doubt is humble and that is what man needs to be, considering that human history is just a litany of getting shit dead wrong. - Bill Maher
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)