Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am going to update on the puppy sitution, but I know I am going to get bashed.

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:37 AM
  • 44 Replies

OK, well as you know we have been looking for a puppy for a LONG time.  I have been turned down at shelters and people have tried to rip me off.  We finally got approved at a shelter and I went ot look at some puppies.  Unfortunately they were going to get up to 60 lbs and we live in an apartment so I thought it best to pass on those.  The dog just wouldn't be happy living here in an apartment.  I left that shelter so upset b/c it just seemed like we weren't going to get a puppy.  Nothing was working out.

Then, when I got home I got an email from a lady that has miniature schnauzers.  She is an awesome lady.  She rescued her dogs and she has three breeding pairs that she only breeds once a year.  She had some puppies and the price was unbelievably low.  She has kids, so the puppies are well socialized with children and since I had a schnauzer when I was kid this is really what I wanted.  I didn't think we would ever have another one, but I am so excited that we are going to get this puppy.  She is salt and pepper in color and right now they are 2 weeks old.  They are going to be ready Feb 21st.  I thought we were going to send the deposit for her today, but I forgot MLK day and the post office is closed!  Anyway we will send the deposit tomorrow and we will go pick the puppy up on the 21st.  Here is her pic now:

Here is her mom:

Not the outcome I expected, but I truly think this is the puppy we were meant to have in the first place.  I am super excited and I will update you girls when we get her.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kk_bella
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:40 AM

I really hate the idea of breeders, but it does sound like she is a responsible breeder so I won't bash you for that. You tried to rescue a dog before going to a breeder and I still think that is admirable. Make sure you continue to train that pup! And congrats!

MommytoNandA
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:42 AM

Thanks!  I think she really knows what she is doing.  She gave me her vet's number and I called and they said that she has the best pups!  He said that she really takes care of all her dog and puppies and that he would recommend them to anyone.  That sold me more than anything.

Quoting kk_bella:

I really hate the idea of breeders, but it does sound like she is a responsible breeder so I won't bash you for that. You tried to rescue a dog before going to a breeder and I still think that is admirable. Make sure you continue to train that pup! And congrats!

ilovemyson2002
by mom of 2 boys on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:42 AM

cute dog

i_love_preston
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:44 AM

"Bashed"

LMAO

MommytoNandA
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:45 AM

LOL, I am waiting on it!  Hahahahahaha!

Quoting i_love_preston:

"Bashed"

LMAO

mommyto1son
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Awww cute puppy!! Have fun I love havin a new puppy in the house.

I also wanted to say I can't stand it when people bash other people for going to a breeder because they want them to go to a shelter and adopt. HELLO PUPPIES FROM BREEDERS NEED HOMES TOO! Where do they think some of them come from.

marinesproud usmc housewife & sahm to 1 son, TTC #2

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:48 AM

I must have missed somehting cause I don'tunderstand why people would bash you.Cute pup ,have fun and I hope she brings you and your kids alot of joy. 

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

calcalmommy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Miniature schnauzers are the best dogs and are awesome with kids!  My mom has one and she is so sweet with the kids.  She actually plays with them, which is great for them...and they love her too!  Her name is Gretel and my mom is crazy attached to her!

in lovepregnant bellytoddler girltoddler boy

samgoss
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Congrats on finding your puppy!!

FuzzybugsMommy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Adorable puppy.

And I have to say, every time i see your avatar, I kick myself because I haven't read past Cerulean Sins. *smacks forehead* Need to do that, soon. :D

Good luck with that pup, you did what anyone should have by trying to rescue a puppy from a shelter, but as long as she's a responsible breeder and not a puppy mill, I see absolutely nothin' wrong with getting one from a breeder.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)