Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am PISSED!--UPDATE

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:40 AM
  • 17 Replies

Yesterday, I woke up to not being able to find my cat. She was behind the couch, and she never goes there. She fianlly came out and crapped on my floor. I went over to pick her up and she looked different. I picked her up and she was lifeless. She just layed down looking on the floor. We called her name and she wouldnt respond. Honestly, she looked like she was dying. So, I called the vet and it being a Sunday was closed. On the machine it said to call the animal hospital. I called them and they said to bring her in. I took her in. They told me to pick her up in the morning. Well, I went in a little bit ago and picked her up. All they said is her kidneys are fine, take her to her vet. She still had a catheter in too. They didnt tell me anything at all! My bill--$305! I took her to the vet and told them what is going on, and the vet tech said that more than likely it is the flu. Apparently, cats and dogs can get the flu from people. I did not know that. They are gonna check her blood and let me know. I cannot believe that the animal hospital did not find out what was wrong! It really pisses me off! Im betting that the little rinky dink vet I just dropped her off at will tell me something here in a few hours and cost less than $100!

Just had to vent

UPDATE--I just got a call from the vet. The cat has swine flu and is very critical. I also found out that the animal hospital let her out with a very high temperature. It is 104.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
much2learn
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:45 AM

yes, very disappointing that they made you pay a big bill for no diagnosis.  That would make me angry too.  And having to go to your regular vet and pay there too!

lil_Army_Wife05
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Dang, that is a high bill!

This is why we dont' have pets anymore. We had one who was bit by a snake and almost died. The bill was around 400.00...My husband liked to have a cow! I love animals dont get me wrong. But I can't see paying tons of money on them.

tracey111005
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:48 AM

I know what you mean. I just couldnt let my cat die.

Quoting lil_Army_Wife05:

This is why we dont' have pets anymore. We had one who was bit by a snake and almost died. The bill was around 400.00...My husband liked to have a cow! I love animals dont get me wrong. But I can't see paying tons of money on them.

pinkfairy0206
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:50 AM

well at least she going to be alright! maybe you could try and get your money back since they misdiagnosed her??

pinkfairy0206
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:52 AM

you just couldn't see yourself spending money on your animal? that is supposed to be apart of your family...wow good thing you don't have pets anymore!

Quoting tracey111005:

Quoting lil_Army_Wife05:

tracey111005
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:54 AM

I ended up paying my rent money to save her. It is worth it to me.

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

you just couldn't see yourself spending money on your animal? that is supposed to be apart of your family...wow good thing you don't have pets anymore!

Quoting tracey111005:

Quoting lil_Army_Wife05:

CODYSMOM_00
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:54 AM

yep, always expect a high bill at a emergency animal hospital.

CafeMom Tickers
lil_Army_Wife05
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:58 AM

We did spend money on our animals. But when you don't got 400 just laying around to pay the vet bill, something has to give. So we don't have anymore animals because one they do cost alot of money. spending 400 on a vet bill or spending 400 to buy food for your fmaily, clothes for your children. My money is better spent buying those things. So since we could not afford to pay for the animals AT THAT TIME in our life, she went to a good home who could take care of her.

I strongly believe if you can not afford things for your human family, than you can't afford to take care of an animal.

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

Quoting tracey111005:

Quoting lil_Army_Wife05:

PaganMom2285
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Poor kitty. Hope she feels better. I have two cats. Indoor cats, not spayed and only had one round of shots. I was given both of them so I've never had to take them to the vet and goddess willing I won't ever have to. Presonally if its a choice between my rent or my cat I will pay the rent and have the cat put to sleep I do not want to end up resenting the poor critter for getting sick cause that is what will happen a lot of the time. The pet gets sick, you pay to get the pet treated then get behind on bills or have to give something up and you end up resenting fido or fluffy. And they can sense it.

tracey111005
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Bump for update

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)