Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Travel Sites/Airfare

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:01 PM
  • 7 Replies

Ok, it has been awhile since I have planned a vacation.  Back when I did, I used Expedia and got a great deal.

I am sure many more sites have come about since then.  What are the best travel sites you have used to get low airfare?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
oceanus407
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:02 PM

I use to use Orbitz and got some pretty good deals.

Quoting myfoursonsks:

Ok, it has been awhile since I have planned a vacation.  Back when I did, I used Expedia and got a great deal.

I am sure many more sites have come about since then.  What are the best travel sites you have used to get low airfare?

Ha! Made you look!

betsyabel
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:04 PM

I usually check on expeida & cheaptickets to see what airlines have the cheapest tickets, then book through the actual airline. I've actually saved money booking directly.  For hotels I do the same thing and then book through whatever is cheapest, but usually the hotels websites have the same rates.

marmar2
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:04 PM

I use hotwire.com and tripadvisor.com and farecompare.com- i like farecompare because you register trips you take regularly and it will email you when the fare rate drops. The other two sites will look up multiple sites and so you have a lot of different fares to look at. 

isra1986
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:05 PM

I have one to avoid. Cheaptickets.com My DH used them, they are terrible!

neenerashley
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:05 PM

I dont know about vacation planning. But on Orbitz I got my friend a one way ticket for 123.40.

eeyorerdl
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:07 PM

If you're looking for low airfare, I've found if you go directly to the chosen airline's website, you could get potentially great deals.  Last year, for instance, I flew Southwest from Norfolk, VA to Tampa, FL.  Three people, round trip,  from july 4- july 14, non-stop flights, total...just over $400!  Now this year they've gone up a little, but still it would only cost us just over $600...these figures are INCLUDING all taxes, fees and such and Southwest doesn't charge for first 2 bags per person and you can also chedk in online so when you get to the airport, you go straight to your gate!

I suggust Southwest, but check around...you'd be surprised what you may find!

Christy644
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:07 PM

I use priceline.com all the time. I get really good deals

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)