Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

well, no flipping wonder I cant catch up!!!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:07 PM
  • 9 Replies

Because of some dumbassness on SOs part, we were really behind on bills, but now we are caught up (thanks to me). I was just looking at when bills are due... we have 2 bills due on the 21st, 2 due on the 24th and rent due on 1st. Thats 5 bills in the span of a little over a week and a half... WOW!! He gets paid once a week, but he doesnt make enough to cover all 5 bills at once!! Luckily, this month they are broken up into 3 weeks (2 bills this week, 2 on Sunday, and rent on the first the week after) but I think I need to make some phone calls to space out bills a little more... can I do that? Now that we are on track I will be able to save and keep on top of them... but thats a chunk of cash at the end/beginning of the month!!!

Are your bills spaced or do they all run together for convience?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
prestonjohn
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:09 PM

you can just pay them before the due date

mommythree0508
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Give them a call. You'd be surprised how much a lot of them are willing to work with you. I know both my electric company and insurance company asked me when I wanted to pay.

ProudMom9799
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:11 PM

kin of spaced out - so its easier to pay them. some companies will let you "pick ur due date". i know our car ins did and i think our car payment. they have been in place for so long - i cant remember.

worse case call whatever comapny and find out what they can do for you - the worse they can say is Nope cant help you on that.

good luck mamma. and one who also handles the checkbook - nice job getting all caught up 

imechard
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Some of our bills are closer together, but DH gets paid twice a month and I just send the bills out from the paycheck that it needs to come out of. So if I pay something out of the paycheck on the 15th, I will send it out the 15th, even if it is not due until the 28th. That way I can space out the bills, they are never late and I know what money is leftover to use

neenerashley
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:13 PM

We get paid on the 1st and 15th. I have a system

1st. Rent, and phone/tv/internet

15th. Electric, gas,trash, water,car payment, and XM.

The first is our big bills. The 15th hardly ever matches the first.

I so need to mail them out.. Im late on them, I have the money orders they are just sitting here waiting for stamps lol. To bad its MLK day, waiting another day i supose.

ETA: Call which ever companies and tell them when you can pay. Or if you have a checking account set up direct payments. I only do that on my insurance.

AshMomToShawn
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Besides rent everything come out at the same time.

audriesmommy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:15 PM

We have our budget set up so that my husband knows how much he needs to carry over from one paycheck to the next.  The first is our big bill time, we have our mortgage, our car payment, our HOAS, our daughters preschool and cable.  We have it set up for each check with what we need to pay the bills for that week, groceries, gas etc., what needs to be carried to the next week and then the rest gets divided into our savings, the girls college and our special savings for our vacation or house things. 

oceanus407
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:21 PM

I think they are all within a couple of weeks but I space everything out. 1 paycheck is insurance and gas. The next is cell phones and cable and the last 2 paychecks go to rent.

Ha! Made you look!

Trishintraining
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Everything but rent is due on the 21st for us, but my hubby brings home enough in a week to cover them all, and we put away for rent on the other weeks.

You can always call and ask them to move them around, or pay them early.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)