Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dont understand Some people ......

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:25 PM
  • 1 Replies

Why is it that people go into the emergency room to get care because they are hurt or sick and just to in the end refuse care and get beligerant with the docs and nurses ???

here is were this is coming from ....

Last nite i got into it with my parents which all the stress landed my preggo azz in the ER ( me and baby are fine just needed some fluids ) anywho a lady in the bed next to me ( all there is , is curtans seperatng each bed so you can hear everything ) and she was loud as is but i waas gnoring her kind of in a zone HA anywho the doc who was german you can tell she had a big accent went in there verry calmly and askes whats going on and was giving her options (  think she had h1n1 or some serious virus cuz they wanted her to stay the nite ) well she got very upset and got up real fast which i think pushed she bed a lil cuz it was loud and started ripping everything off of her and saying no im not staying get away from me get off of me and just going on about how she is not staying and the poor doc was just trying to calmly talk to her hehe silly germans ( my moms german ) you know how they get all sypmathetic and oh no type things ... well the lady grabbed her things and said im not staying i dont stay in military hospitals after what happend to me 3 years ago and they were like well you have to sign a waver that ur refusing care and she said your damn rite im refusing care and she just left ....

I understand she may have had a traumatic expernience with military hospitals or what not and i dont know her whole story but my thing is YOU came into the hospital to get help KNOWING its a military hospital and KNOWING her options that she could possibly be admitted into the hospital so why are you all of a sudden getting so upset and just to refuse care and walk out .... when the docs could be helping another sick patiend who needs their help and who wants it .... i just dont get it please someone help me understand ....

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
millerranch2003
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:47 PM

IMO, maybe she was a junkie and wanting some drugs?  Otherwise, it just doesn't make sense to me either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)