Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

military wives/moms.....

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:34 PM
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: are you a military wife/mom?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 35

View Results

How many of you are military? Where did you start out and where are you now? my hubby is a marine but did all his time here in florida so we never moved :( i would have loved to move around and then come home lol!also i have 2 cousins that are from here(FL) and one is now in GA and the other is in Japan.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ProudMom9799
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:35 PM

DH is Army Reserve. so we havent had to move at all. we live in nj and his post is in ny 

lovinmykiddo07
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Uhm, almost. Does that count? SO is in the Air Force, we just arent married yet. Btw, I met him while he was stationed at Altus AFB in Oklahoma. We are now at McChord AFB,WA.

BootsandShoots
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Im an MP in the alabama national guard. Ill stay int he same spot as long as I want to..i dont ahve to move around.

little.miss.mom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I am originally from Cali. Hubs was active duty when we were married stationed at Ft. Hood, after his contract ended he did a stint with the Cali NG got deployed with them then went active again once again stationed at Hood. We PCSed to Ft. Carson over the summer and when his contract ends next year he will either join the Reserves or Colorado NG.

Edit to add he's also done 2 tours to Iraq and will be leaving for Afghanistan this summer.

NikiOcasio
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Well Ive Lived In Clarksville Tn since i was about 13. and my husband well hes been stationed here for four years. I met him here. and we are still at ft Campbell. Hopefully after this upcoming deployment when he gets back we go somewhere else. I hate this town nowadays@!

mommy2two26
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:39 PM

that was my hubby too...he was USMC reserve and was stationed in Tampa(3hrs away).he did try to go active duty but they ended up making him jump through so many hoops that he got frustrated and said never mind...of course then he was sent to Iraq...

kennedywife
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:41 PM

My hubby went to Korea, I stayed home cuz I was 7 months pregnant, then we went to Ft. Lewis, Washington and not he is over seas in Afgahn.

RyleighsMoM3505
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Dh and I are originally form the same city in Indiana. He is active duty Army and we have been to Bragg in NC, Benning in Georgia, Jackson in SC and back to Bragg NC... We were pretty lucky getting our home town for his 3 year recruiting stint and we are now stationed at Bliss, in Texas.  He is already there but dd and I will be heading in 13 days... :)

Kaelansmom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:51 PM

I am originally from Massachusetts and DH is an army brat. We met in Florida (dad was in Air Force) DH is in the Army

I am currently in Hawaii been to Oklahoma and Texas with DH so far and I can say, I was never so happy to leave a place as I was when I left Oklahoma!  

MomOfThree0607
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:54 PM

My husband is in the Army. We're currently stationed in Schofield Barracks in Hawaii.

He's serving in Iraq at the moment and he's due to come back around September.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)