Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Melissa and Doug

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

I've always heard rave reviews of the Melissa and Doug toys but are they really that great? My kids recieved a xylophone and kazoo set for Christmas. The kazoo never worked and the xylophone is all dented because the wood is so incredibly soft.

What is your experience with Melissa and Doug toys?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:43 PM

I really like Melissa and Doug puzzles.

Kairi  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
chair.r13
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Love em - when we can afford em lol. I've always found the quiality to be better than other toys.

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:44 PM

I like their toys because many of them are very simple--puzzles, blocks, magnets, etc. 

We've never had the musical stuff by that brand--just the "Band in a Box".  Those things lasted forever, a few years anyway. 

reelo
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Nice but overpriced.  I love that they are more imagination based toys, but not all of them hold up well to play.

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:51 PM

I'm so over those toys! Seems like everytime I blink they have some sort of recall!

My DD plays with Discovery Toys. If you are looking for kid powered educational toys check into Discovery Toys - there is a link on my page. They have not had a recall in over 30 years. They are much better quality, and have a lifetime warranty. Not to mention the price is better and DD LOVES THEM!

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2010 at 8:21 AM

My kids are pretty rough with their toys.  But they've had the magnetic barbies(dolls with magnetic clothes) and their blocks for literally year.  THey're 4 & 7 now and still drag them out occasionally.  I didn't know a lot of them had been recalled.  Bad Mommy!  Hope we don't have any recalled stuff.

Quoting reelo:

Nice but overpriced.  I love that they are more imagination based toys, but not all of them hold up well to play.

mom2maryjoseph
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2010 at 8:23 AM

I love them.  We have a ton of the puzzles, the stacking toys, the toolbox. and I can't wait to buy my daughter the food sets.

Camille Proud Working Mamma to Joseph (4) and Mary (11 months)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)