Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight loss after Merina removal

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:49 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm scheduled to have my Merina IUD removed next week.  I am curious how much weight others have lost AFTER removal of their Merina IUD?  If not significant,  I might wait until next year as I have a lot of expenses right now and if weight loss isn't significant, I'll do this next year!  I already work out at the gym 4 to 5 days a week (high-intensity interval training, weights for cardio and resistance, etc) and eat very healthy (whole grains, fresh fruit/veggies, nonfat dairy, etc. etc. lots of water no soda, sugar, candy, etc.)  Can't seem to lose more than 8 to 10 pounds of the 30 I gained after the IUD was placed. 

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mamacita4two
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:50 PM

as for me, i got preg after i took it out

so i gained.....

.....25 pounds.....

chair.r13
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:52 PM

bump cuz i wanna know

Pumpkinmom06
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:53 PM

As for me I gained about 20 pounds since I took it out, and it has caused me to have issues with getting prego agian, after having it out for 3 years now. My doctor said that my orig. obgyn placed it in wrong, and it cause ovarian cysts ? and ETC... anyways good luck!

NikiAnne
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:53 PM

I didn't gain a significant amount when I had mine put in. It was at a postpartum appointment, so I was already heavy with extra baby weight. I didn't really try losing weight while I had it in. A while after I had it removed, I really started working at losing weight and I've lost around 35 lbs, woo hoo! That's no help though, because I don't know if it would have been different had I been trying to lose the weight before the IUD was removed.

Honeybun09
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:54 PM

5 pounds for me

I am a US citizen, formula feeding but will breastfeed until child self weans next time, co-sleeping, extended rear facing and harnessing to the maximum, God loving and fearing, anti-spanking and time-out, anti-CIO, wanting another baby but waiting, disposable diapering but will cloth diaper next time, training to be a child care assistant, natural family planning (no birth control AT ALL) mommy to one beautiful mixed baby girl!  My husband is a legal Mexican United States citizen, who is the most amazing man, husband, and father.

Have a Baby? Join us in the Babies group! ~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~

twinmamaof3
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I didnt gain any weight when I had mine put in, I lost a little bit of wieght.  My hubby got fixed about 4 months ago, Im still keeping mine in, I like it! 

suzeebloch
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Wow, not a lot of replies - anyone else lose weight after having their Merina IUD removed?

I've had mine for 4 years. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)