Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need to find a new doctor ....tips please

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:51 PM
  • 1 Replies

I so need to find a new doctor!  I set up an appointment to have a cyst removed from my upper back because it itches and and is numb and aches in that area and I am getting married and it is in a area you can see.  Plus I need some medicines for my face and to quit smoking.  She gave me the run a round with the quit smoking medication for the second time.  Told my skin isn't that bad and didn't want to give me the medicine for that (my face breaks out in spurs) right now it is semi-clear.   Thenscolded me for not being able to pronounce the names of the medication.  Then told me a would have to make two separate appointments for the smoking and cyst.  When I tried to set up the appt.  they would not give me a Monday or non-afternoon appt.  so I would have to take off work.  Then soonest they could would be March 3 . Damn even crappy doctors are backed up!  Plus 2yrs ago I suffered from depression and she was giving me a hard time because "I don't have my depression under control"  Which the med she gave me only was enough for a month, (with a 2month wait for my next appt for a refill)  gave me the worse heartburn and made me suicidal.  So I got proactive and thought about what was making so depressed and started changing my life to make me happy which I am now and to top it off some none smoking meds also treat depression.  You would think a doctor would want a pt. to quit. 

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
ktwister
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Oh that sucks, it sounds like you need another doctor who will listen to you.

How about seeing a dermatologist for the skin issues,  my regular doctor will write a refill of Retin A and basic skin medication if a dermatologist has seen you and recommend the medication.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)