Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

did you worry about the way your baby would look?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:58 PM
  • 22 Replies

Poll

Question: did you worry about the way your baby would look?

Options:

no

yes

a little

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 51

View Results

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gypsy_rose
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:00 PM

what kinds of worries did you guys have?

lovinmykiddo07
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:00 PM

I voted a little. Elijah is my first and only. I didnt know how unconditional a mothers love could be. Of course as soon as I laid eyes on him all those worries disapeared and I thought he was just the most gosh darn cutest baby on this planet. Next baby I def. wouldnt even worry about it.

Edit in answer to your question: I just thought, what if he's not cute? What if he's an ugly baby. I love SO.. I love him a lot. But he's not THE most handsome guy in the universe. I just couldnt imagine a baby version of him. lol Kind of like in Knocked Up when he puts on the baby hat & holds up the outfit & says, Oh our baby is going to look just like this. haha..

armywifenmommie
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:01 PM

im one of those people who believe if u talk about someone while your pregnant your baby will be ugly...and i used to clown folks on the regular. i also used to worry that my baby would take a feature from dh that i didnt like or would look like someone in his family who i thought wasnt cute by any means..thank goodness i have some gorgeous children 

Jaclynx3
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:01 PM

when I was pregnant I always had crazy dream of what they would be like.     But I also worried they wouldnt be cute! 

Jaclyn             

twitchymom78
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:03 PM

i never worried about how they would look... i was more worried about if they would be healthly... especially with my dd.

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:03 PM

lmao same here! i used to bitch at SO for doing it , since i stopped lol ... it was horrible.

Quoting armywifenmommie:

im one of those people who believe if u talk about someone while your pregnant your baby will be ugly...and i used to clown folks on the regular.

twinmamaof3
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:04 PM

yes i did, but with my 2nd pregnancy, I had an emergency c section at 29 weeks, I had seen pics of premature babies before, they are cute, but kinda sickly looking, well small looking.  They were perfect!  Small,, and to be honest I thought they were the most beatiful babies in the world, but looking back at those first few days, (pictures) they looked like aliens, but supre cute aliens!  They are two now and are perfect!

We did have a family member ask what was wrong with them.  (they werent formed all the way in some areas, that really hurt me)

Honeybun09
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:06 PM

I voted a little. I didn't really but always just kind of wonder what she would look like. I am completely pale Caucasian and my husband is completely brown Mexican, so I just kind of wondered what she would look like more and if it would look okay LOL.

I am a US citizen, formula feeding but will breastfeed until child self weans next time, co-sleeping, extended rear facing and harnessing to the maximum, God loving and fearing, anti-spanking and time-out, anti-CIO, wanting another baby but waiting, disposable diapering but will cloth diaper next time, training to be a child care assistant, natural family planning (no birth control AT ALL) mommy to one beautiful mixed baby girl!  My husband is a legal Mexican United States citizen, who is the most amazing man, husband, and father.

Have a Baby? Join us in the Babies group! ~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~

southernjess3
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:07 PM

me and dh neice has a giant head that she inherited. I'm scared this baby will have that giant head

CafeMom Tickers

Kizbee
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:09 PM

DH and I joked about the possibility of having ugly kids.  But it wouldn't have mattered to us what they looked like.  Ds3 was our first pregnancy, and was born at 24 weeks.  There was no telling what he was going to look like.  His skull plates were still overlapping, he was covered in hair, he had no cartilege in his ears.....  oh, and he was really red, because he had no fat between his skin and his muscles.  Once he came home from the NICU, he looked like a wrinkly old man.  In fact, complete strangers commented several times about him looking like an old man.  He's gorgeuos now though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)