Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 carseat Vs. My Ride 65

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:00 PM
  • 3 Replies

My son is 3 and very tall so he is growing out of his current seat. I'm debating between the Grace Nautilus and my Ride 65. Your opinions please. For me it looks like the My Ride 65 is more comfortable then the Graco Nautilus. But the Graco looks larger. Thanks

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
babyboomboom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:07 PM

The MyRide is a convertable it rear faces and forward faces.  The Nautilus is a forward facing car seat and then boosters to 100lbs.  I would get the Nautilus for your son, he doesn't need the rear facing option anymore unless he is really small.  Both seats forward face to 65lbs in the harness and the booster in the Nautilus is a high-back and a no-back booster to 100lbs. 

ETA:  Both seats are made by Graco

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Photobucket
heatherann0221
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:58 PM

If your son is not going to be rear facing, then the MyRide probably isn't worth it. The Nautilis would be better. It is a forward facing only seat that harness to 65 pounds and is a booster to 100 pounds. At 3, I'm pretty sure your son has passed the weight limit/height limit for rear facing in the MyRide. The Nautilis is a great seat, just make sure you try your son out in it before you buy it. It only has 2 crotch strap positions and my son complains about it hurting his pee pee. That's the only bad thing I have about it. Other than that I love it since my son is off the charts for weight and height at 3 years old.

jrp0606
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 11:49 PM

they have the same amount of padding in the seat.  you can't use all the infant inserts with older kids.

The graco nautilus has a slightly taller harness and turns into a booster so unless you are planning on rearfacing the nautilus is going to give you more bang for your buck

I'm Jessi, 28 year old SAHM to one crazy three year old Austin, currently harnessed in a Britax Frontier.  I'm a Child Passanger Safety Technician (CPST).  We only get one chance in a motor vehicle accidents, the decisions you make can save your childs life.  To find out more follow me here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)