Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

iPod touch?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:09 PM
  • 15 Replies

I have been thinking of moving up from my little mp3 player and getting an iPod touch, anyone want to share what they can do with theirs? Like what can u do with facebook, like just updates, chat or games? What kind of games? Other then playing music or putting movies on them. I am tring to deciede between that or a new cell phone with a full keypad, unless you can text from the iPod.

Thanks ladies!

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armywifenmommie
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:12 PM

dh has one and he can do everything on it except make phone calls to me its just like the iphones except it doesnt have a phone line on it 

ajswenson
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:14 PM

I have the iPhone and LOVE LOVE LOVE it.  DH and I actually got into it a bit about the phone b/c I said I didn't need it - he got it for me for Christmas.  Yea, I'm eating those words.  I love love love it, and with  Pandora app there isn't really a need to buy music.  So awesome.

Beautiful__mama
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:16 PM

you can text from your ipod touch you can turn it in to a phone for 10$ a months you can use facebook.myspace and a ton of games

CafeMom Tickers

treadmill

Beautiful__mama
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:17 PM

there is an app. called icall where you can use it as a phone its 10$ a months i have it and you cant text from it

Quoting armywifenmommie:

dh has one and he can do everything on it except make phone calls to me its just like the iphones except it doesnt have a phone line on it 

CafeMom Tickers

treadmill

my4littlegirls
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:21 PM

My dd got one for x-mas and she has a texting app on hers.  It was 99 cents for the app and 3 free months of texting and its only $8 for a lifetime of free texting.   I think the app was called text me now.  She has facebook, and a bunch of free apps on there. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get all my WMA/MP3 files on to itunes to download to her touch.

Beautiful__mama
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:23 PM

thats the app i have for texting they have a few other ones and they have icall so you can turn it in to a phone

Quoting my4littlegirls:

My dd got one for x-mas and she has a texting app on hers.  It was 99 cents for the app and 3 free months of texting and its only $8 for a lifetime of free texting.   I think the app was called text me now.  She has facebook, and a bunch of free apps on there. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get all my WMA/MP3 files on to itunes to download to her touch.

CafeMom Tickers

treadmill

BabyDamien13107
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:25 PM

i have an ipod touch and they're really cool... they have thousands of really cool apps and a lot them are free too... but that requires wi-fi...there's free texting apps, but of course you need wi-fi but texting imo sucks on a touchscreen. i have an android phone from tmobile that has most of the iphone feattures (im typing from itl lol) and what i love about is the keyboard. oh and one more downside  about the ipod touch (at least with mine) it recently won't let me use it it tells me that it's disabled for 5 million minutes ! can you believe that approx. 9 years! lol so now i have reset it...

mom-2-4boys
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Thanks! What kind of things can u do on facebook or myspace? and the text chat is free?

Beautiful__mama
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:33 PM

you can do everything you can do on a computer for fb and myspace and the texting is 8$ for a lifetime

Quoting mom-2-4boys:

Thanks! What kind of things can u do on facebook or myspace? and the text chat is free?

CafeMom Tickers

treadmill

LeXisMoMMi04
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:36 PM

how can you do that if it doesnt have a mic??

Quoting Beautiful__mama:

there is an app. called icall where you can use it as a phone its 10$ a months i have it and you cant text from it

Quoting armywifenmommie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)