Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Simpsons Movie-for kids?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:18 PM
  • 5 Replies

What age would you think it's ok for a kid to watch the simpsons movie?

My dd wants to watch really bad....to the point of begging. and i've seen it a few times, and I haven't seen anything in it that is obviously 'bad'...she's only 5 so I'm thinking she's too young to really understand what's going on. And she catches glances of other stuff we watch too-king of the hill,family guy etc.

I know most people's reaction would be an automatic 'No'.  but if you haven't seen it.....you really don't know.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Ann7227
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Well I  let my son watch it and he's 9. But he was 8 when he first watched it.  Not sure if I'd let my 5 year old watch it. It has a few cuss words.

reelo
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:23 PM

My kids all loved it, there wasn't anything totally inappropriate in it- a few swear words maybe, but nothing that couldn't be missed or was totally offensive.  My 6 year old thinks it's hysterical (spider pig, spider pig......)

supermom3806
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Well my son is 3 && he loves watching The Simpsons. I have no problem with my kids watching that stuff because I watch it also but when he gets old enough to understand I'll explain to him you dont do what Bart does or say those words. 

prego7386

there is nothing wrong with that movie..the only thing i'd be against my 5 year old watching though would be sex or excessive violence..both of which aren't in the movie.

Dragonfly0004

I wouldn't let any of my kids watch the Simpson's movie or cartoon show. I also would not let my kids be in the room if I was watching family guy or king of the hill. I don't think them are shows for kids.

happy new year 2010

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)