Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do I smell wine??

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:20 PM
  • 11 Replies

Theres none in the house, and there hasnt been..but for the last hour....I'm feeling more energetic and am smelling Wine REALLY strong! Its the weirdest thing! 

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gardenchic
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:21 PM

YUMMY, i will have some!

southernjess3
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:26 PM

haha

Quoting gardenchic:

YUMMY, i will have some!

CafeMom Tickers

norahsmommy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:33 PM

you might need to have your blood sugar tested.  You may have developed diabetes.  That can be a warning sign, fruity alcoholic smelling breath.  That could be what you are smelling. 

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is also a government big enough to take from you all that you have." - Gerald Ford

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety  deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.  We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream.  It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."  - Ronald Reagan

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:35 PM

That's interesting.  I did not know that!

Quoting norahsmommy:

you might need to have your blood sugar tested.  You may have developed diabetes.  That can be a warning sign, fruity alcoholic smelling breath.  That could be what you are smelling. 

MandyOs
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Mmmmm. *claps excitedly* 

MandyOs
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Quoting norahsmommy:

Oh. Damn.

lizzy-k
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Quoting norahsmommy:

i have never heard of this, but i do know that if your sugar is really high then it would smell just like juicy fruit gum. is it a wine smell or is it a flowery/ perfume smell? that is the smell that you smell if a spirit is present.sorry....

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Quoting lizzy-k:

Quoting norahsmommy:

i have never heard of this, but i do know that if your sugar is really high then it would smell just like juicy fruit gum. is it a wine smell or is it a flowery/ perfume smell? that is the smell that you smell if a spirit is present.sorry....

What?

MoonLover06
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Some people think if you smell flowers it's a ghost.

I've always heard a that sweet alcoholic smelling breath is a sign of diabetes too.  My mom got so mad one day because the cops were harassing a woman who had alcohol smelling breath and come to find out she was diabetic....so that always stuck with me. 

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Quoting lizzy-k:

Quoting norahsmommy:

What?

kyco363
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:44 PM

When I was pregnant with my DS I always smelled something metallic-ish, especially on my hands. I would clean and scrub.. but to no avail. My doctor says it's normal to smell odd things while pregnant :]

Life is like photography, you need the negative to develop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)