Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help please my 3 year old is scared PIOG

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:32 PM
  • 7 Replies

So this last 2 weeks my dd has been saying she's scared of everything. If she hears a noise she freaks out and Say's she scared. I have asked her why or what and she says she's just scared.

So now when I leave her at daycare she is sad and says thru out the day that she's scared and wants mommy. Nothing has changed in our house hold. She has not been left with any strangers and really it's the same. She sees her dad once a week she is with me all the time. She has a normal routine. I can't figure out what to do any suggestions?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CoUrtNEyLeE
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:35 PM

All the little noises go show her its nothing! Go with her and explain to her that there is nothing to be afraid of!

Kizbee
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Some kids go through phases like this.  All you can do is keep reassuring her that she's safe, and that there is nothing to be scared of. 

When one of my boys went through being scared, we just turned their fears into silliness.  Like, when they said they were scared of going into the bathroom, we would go in together, and make a big production out of looking in the cabinets and behind the shower curtain for anything scary.  And we would laugh when there was nothing there.

T45
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Has she seen the news?  has she seen something on tv that could have caused her to think she could lose you?  That is what is going through my mind.

3babygirlsrock
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:40 PM

We went through this stage. I bought some monster spray! Get a spray bottle, fill it with water or even some cheap purfume and tell her it is monster spray. Whenever she is scared take her and let her spray whatever is scaring her. Let her know that monsters and scary things hate this and wont come back as long as she sprays it. My kids used the bottle for about a week. Then they werent afraid anymore. I did make them come and ask me for the bottle and I went with them if they needed to spray something.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:45 PM
My daughter who just turned 4 started saying that a while back. Once she got out of doing something she didn't want to do by saying it and she just kept it up/ She would tell us she was to scared to put her clothes away, to eat dinner, ect.
mommy2holley
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:00 PM

She hasn't seen the news and I don't think anything on TV could have caused her to think these thoughts, but I could be wrong. I try to watch tv with her and it's mainly Nick Jr..but she might have read into something when watching her shows. I'm just going to keep an eye out on her..thanks..

Quoting T45:

Has she seen the news?  has she seen something on tv that could have caused her to think she could lose you?  That is what is going through my mind.

mommy2holley
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:01 PM

I'm going to try this tonight..thanks again.

Quoting 3babygirlsrock:

We went through this stage. I bought some monster spray! Get a spray bottle, fill it with water or even some cheap purfume and tell her it is monster spray. Whenever she is scared take her and let her spray whatever is scaring her. Let her know that monsters and scary things hate this and wont come back as long as she sprays it. My kids used the bottle for about a week. Then they werent afraid anymore. I did make them come and ask me for the bottle and I went with them if they needed to spray something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)