Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is what I did while pregnant and what inspired me to

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:34 PM
  • 3 Replies

My inpiration:

That was me at one point.  lol.  I was a sgt in the Army, hubby and I got stationed at diffrent bases, we were 12 hours apart.  (we visited eachother on the weekends)  I had our 8 month old son with me (I couldnt leave him) got pregnant when he was 9 months old with the twins (not planned)  Sometimes we would have to go into work at 4 am, the daycare did not open until 6 am (pt started at 6 30) so I would be in formation with my son on my hip.  I didnt care, I did what I had to do.  I never had to stand long though, my unit was very understanding about my pregnancy.  They never let me ack into the motor pool once we found out it was twins, I worked in supply, so they just had me do paper work, sometimes I would just sit in the couch with my feet propped up right next to the huge fan.  (there wasnt a ac out there in the warehouse)  I loved the Army, but got out due to the twins being born 11 weeks early.  they are two years old now, and I am going to school to be an RN thanks to the RN who took care of the twins, she inspired me to become a RN specialized in Neonatal care.  I will graduate from OU in 2012.  I was in the Army for five years.  It was difficult at times, ut well worth it, for me and my family.  My husband is still in.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Avabliss
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:01 PM

I cant believe noone replied to this!!

That is a great story.  It must have been stressful (at so many points, lol) but congrats on making it through that and making the decision to go back to school!!!  Being an RN is a great job with great rewards! 

Momma to Avalon Grier.  <3
Hopeless living, loving and laughing.
We are your typical hard working, punk rock listening,
vergetarian eating, rule breaking, world loving,  
art creating, ever changing, always loving family.

twinmamaof3
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Thank you!  Yes it was a very stressful time for us, I was placed on bedrest very fast and my unit was still very understanding.  The RN who took care of our twins made me realize what I really wanted to do.  I want to be able to help babies that are in the nicu just like she helped with our children.  The whole experiance was as nice as it could have been.

Quoting Avabliss:

I cant believe noone replied to this!!

That is a great story.  It must have been stressful (at so many points, lol) but congrats on making it through that and making the decision to go back to school!!!  Being an RN is a great job with great rewards! 

twinmamaof3
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:28 PM

I guess its only the drama post that gets the replies. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)