Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who has completely cutoff people from your life?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:45 PM
  • 43 Replies

dh and I agreed years ago that the town he is from is nothing but drugs and trouble, which includes his old friends (who are all in jail right now) and his family who, the majority of them are on drugs, can't keep a job, dont take care of their kids. I don't want my child around that mess. And i don't want dh involved in all of their drama. we have enough to deal with with our OWN family.  So he agreed to not go out there anymore. But just like I told him would happen, little by little he worked his way right back into the middle of all of their bullshit drama. first he started calling them, then going out there for christmas, now it's costantly and he is ALWAYS on the phone.

And if I say anything about it he gets all defensive like I'm the old hag keeping him away from his family.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KDeneau71009
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:49 PM

I cutoff my mother....she doesn't give two shits about her grandkids....my girls don't even know who she is...my mother is an alcoholic and i just couldn't watch her slowly kill herself anymore.I mean theres WAY more to this story then just this but i'm not gonna get into it...so it's been 6 months since i've talked to her....it's shitty but it's the best thing for me

laylasmommy2006
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:49 PM

I have...i cut off my Bio-father's whole family...I refuse to even claim they are family.

But you can't be mad at him for wanting to be with his family. If he wants to see them...then he's a big boy he can see them. Does it mean you have to like it? NO. but its his family.

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:51 PM

i have!! my sister! shes nothing but drama ... and if she asks u for help & u dont help oh my god , all hell will break lose! so im just done! the last argument we had she said some crazy hurtufl things ... talked about my daughters race & how its different from my sons ... and how she doesnt look mix ... THAN has the nerve to talk about mixed kids (btw she has 3) & so much more ... but those hurt the most ...

im also cutting off SO's sisters ... he can continue to talk to them , obviously cant tell him not to , but im done.

freedomthinks
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:51 PM

I cut off my own mother  but it was my decision.   you can't make that decision for him  and you should not try . 

isra1986
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:55 PM

I have recently cut out my entire dads side and DH and I are moving out of state to just break ties with all my family!
My aunts dog bit my child, broke her finger and nobody cared about it!
I was abused by my father all my life. Everyone has just treated me like I am a big nothing, worthless. They all just pretended to care about DD for show and she really is a big nothing to them too!

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:57 PM

this might sound stupid , but after reading this i wonder how u can still be such a great person! ur replies on here are just sweet & genuine ... but u went thru that? horrible ... glad it didnt change u though! =]

Quoting isra1986:

I have recently cut out my entire dads side and DH and I are moving out of state to just break ties with all my family!
My aunts dog bit my child, broke her finger and nobody cared about it!
I was abused by my father all my life. Everyone has just treated me like I am a big nothing, worthless. They all just pretended to care about DD for show and she really is a big nothing to them too!

Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:57 PM

the things he does,and they do, affects my family though, me and my daughter. and he does not care. he will poach deer, he took some of my pain pills and sold them, when he goes to jail then it affects us all. and he doesn't do any of that stuff when he's not hanging around them, his brothers, the worst influence, just sucks him back in every time. 

I have told him before, ' I want them cutoff, and if I have to cut you off to do it,then I will'   

Ebony63

My brother, he is just an ass. He still shows up once in a while to family functions but we do not speak. We do not even sit in the same room together. This was my own decision though and my husband stays out of it. 

Sunset_701

I cut off my 18 yrs older than me twin sisters because they've never been interested in my life and still treat me with as much respect as when I was a 15 year old hooligan. I don't even care to tell her I'm pregnant beause she never cared when I got married/divorced or went to college. They also didn't pay for me to make it to my own mother's funeral back when I was 18 yrs old. I was out of state and without job at the time. I was the only daughter not at her mother's funeral. I don't think I can ever forgive them for that. They had the money to buy me a bus ticket. She was cremated so there is no grave site.

I am in the process of dissipating certain undesireables from my life because of the pathetic self destructie nature of thier ways. I had truly tried to help some people, but there comes a point when you realize you can't do anything for them, and you care about your ow family more than anyone.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Family is family and as long as your kids aren't being influenced by their behaviors, your husband should have contact with them... it's his FAMILY!

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb3f.lilypie.com/oT80m5.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/l5OJm5.png[/img][/url]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)