Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why choose to be uneducated?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:49 PM
  • 45 Replies

why do we choose to be uneducated? I don't mean just college.. i mean about things we can research ourselves, things that we should all know about life, diseases, abuse..etc.. why CHOOSE to not know as much as we all possibly can?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
little.miss.mom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Because for many ignorance is bliss.

imthatgirl728
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Well then I suppose everyone would be a rocket scientist...boy that would make the job market tough huh?

Out of curiousty...what profession do you hold?

MzSeXyC
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:51 PM

because some people are just satisfied with being stupid. 

T45
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Not sure who you are talking about.

I reasearch everything that comes across my path that I want to know more about.  It just makes me feel better to exercise my brain.

Good post

gardenchic
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:51 PM

i think it is LAZINESS myself...........

Trishintraining
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Can you give an example? We aren't all experts in everything.. that's why there are sites like this one. What is it that's annoyed you?

sharisse
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Quoting imthatgirl728:

Well then I suppose everyone would be a rocket scientist...boy that would make the job market tough huh?

i said im not talking about just college.

I'm talking about life in general.. things that go on, things that effect us all.  the job market has nothing to do with that.

perfectkitten
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:53 PM

I learned alot of life's lessons slightly after hitting puberty. As for research and so forth. If I don't know it than it gets researched. sticking out tongue Nah just kidding with the sweetpea. I have to make myself laugh sometimes. 

imthatgirl728
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Quoting sharisse:

Quoting imthatgirl728:

i said im not talking about just college.

I'm talking about life in general.. things that go on, things that effect us all.  the job market has nothing to do with that.

Of course it does. If you were always educating yourself wouldn't you hold a great job? You mentioned disease...and why people don;t knwo as much as they can....so are you studing medicine?

sharisse
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Quoting Trishintraining:

Can you give an example? We aren't all experts in everything.. that's why there are sites like this one. What is it that's annoyed you?

well its not that its annoyed me.. i just dont get it.

i try to research everything and anything i can.

but like today the AIDS post. so many people thought it could be given through saliva.. and thats just not true. i like to be educated about AIDS and other STDS for myself, friends, family and my children in the future. thats an example of a "life" thing im talking about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)