Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stop the Freakin lying already!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:52 PM
  • 5 Replies

My 9 year old is a chronic liar...she couldn't admit to any wrong doing if her life depended on it!! She has no accountability. Everything is her brother or sisters fault. Nothing is her fault. She told me that she cleaned her room. About 1/2 hour later, I went to check it out. The room was EXACTLY how it was before she cleaned it. She actually told me that her brother must have gone in her room and messed it up again. UUUUGGGGHHHH, I cannot handle lying. I can deal with a whole bunch of crap, but lying will send me over the edge. Not to mention she is a total tattle tale. She even lies when she is tattling. I swear about 98% of everything that comes out of her mouth is either a lie or telling on someone! Thanks for listening, I had to get it out!!

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Is she ADHD?  This is exactly the way my son is.  He is 14.

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:56 PM

i hope somone has the answers for you. DS is 4 and now hitting that lying stage. it might really just be a problem for her. no one cared when i lied, so i started lying around 8 and by the time i was 10- i just couldnt help it. i was a pathological liar. didnt stop until i was about 16.. but i still lied more than the normal person until about 2 years ago, when i realized that i truly- TRULY- HATE liars- including myself.

ETA: i still have issues when it comes to me lying- like when people ask me a question, even a simple one- i'd have to catch myself because my first instinct would be to lie about it.

i'm trying to keep DS from going down my path. his punishment is that he loses his video games, but its easier to explain to a 4 year old that "lying makes mommy sad" than it is to a 9 year old.

wearing crown                  backpack
                                         Boo-Boo 
                                      10/15/2005
21 year old single mom of a 4 year old boy. Not sure exactly what kind of mom I am, but I get a chance to better myself everyday. My biggest goal for 2010 is to break out of my shell.

~~~ I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

jbs_mommy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Having only an almost 4-yr old, I can only imagine what it is like.  Given my DD is alledgedly following in my sister's footsteps (stubborn, strong-willed) I imaging I will be in your shoes one day.

Some articles to shed some light linked below. 

http://www.mental-health-matters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=505

http://www.preteen-thru-teenage-parenting-action-guide.com/preteen-liars.html

http://family.go.com/parentpedia/preteen-teen/behavior/teen-lying/

Hopefully some of the other moms have some advice based on RL experience!  Hang in there mama!

Do you bring home the bacon while he fries it up in the pan?  Check out the Working Moms with SAHDs group!

krista778
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:59 PM

One of my sisters was a pathological/compulsive liar for most of her life. we just let her know we knew she was lying and that we didn't believe anything she said. It didn't "cure" it but at least she knew we knew. She is 26 and about three years ago came to the conclusion that it wasn't helping anything to lie and it was a sturggle for her to keep up with the lies so she's stopped. I hope it doesn't take that long for your dd!

CariO.
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Ask your pediatrician if a little counseling is needed for her.  Sounds bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)