Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help with dog rescue info

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:53 PM
  • 4 Replies

Our local theater is doing a show about a lost dog in need of a home.  My husband is in the play and I'm working backstage.  We've already done one weekend and have one more to go.  We got the idea over the weekend to put up on our board (we have two to put up actor pics but one is empty due to small cast) dogs at our local shelter.  So I was on the shelter's website and five dogs are marked Urgent (I assume their time is up?) and a couple are marked rescue only.  Can someone explain what rescue only is?  I've e-mailed the shelter asking if there were dogs I should up with the five urgent because I don't think we have room to put up pics and info on all 50 dogs!  I didn't ask about the rescue only dogs cause well I didn't wanna sound stupid LOL so someone please tell me what it means.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Drippiningirls
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Bump

jackdoll
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:08 PM

maybe i'm wrong, but i was under the impression that rescue only was for rescue groups.  these are groups that specialize in certain types of dogs (boxers, rotts, etc).  they have a lot of knowledge about these breeds and can pass it along to adoptive people.  they also know what is typical of a breed and what is not.  they do find these pets through shelters or if someone has to give up the animal for some reason.

i'll be interested to know if this is the case.

Drippiningirls
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:14 PM

I did get that impression although a few of the rescue only dogs said only a rescue group and one or two still sounded like they were available to anyone.

Drippiningirls
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Bump!  Does anyone know?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)