Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which Is It? *Kind of long*

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:04 PM
  • 0 Replies

I was thinking.... as human beings, we can do one of two things in life. We can BE who we are and accept it and just be happy with that, OR, we can think about what we want in life and do whatever it takes to get it. Which is better, I wonder? I see it this way: if we can accept ourselves for who we are and how our lives are and we are genuinely, truly happy, then that should be good enough to just accept and just live life and let the cards fall where they may. Then, I also think it's good to work towards MORE in life so that you can achieve a goal, or several, and feel good about yourself because you earned it, got what you wanted, etc. I more or less just let the cards fall where they may and enjoy life as it comes and am grateful for what I have and don't expect much. I think that's because I didn't have all kinds of things growing up so I have grown up with the basics and not NEEDING much in life to be happy. However, I have also thought about how neat and rewarding it would be to get something that I earned by working real hard to get it; not something I need to have, but just an extra thing that I want, like a new mattress or new living room furniture or my biggest goal yet... to lose 40-50 lbs. I don't know; I'm stuck between "Just be happy with what you have and let the days take you wherever!" and "Work towards that goal for extra self-esteem and happiness and achievement!" Perhaps there's a medium? Like, I can go in between both ways and see what happens? I think I need to really continue to work on the weight loss. I'm 172 lbs. and would love to be between 120-130. I was there, UNDER there, even, before I had kids. I need to get back there again. That's my goal. That's what I will work towards but at the same time I will be happy with everything else I have. What's not to be happy about, after all? I have 2 GREAT daughters and a husband who is absolutely amazing, great friends, a job, a nice apartment. With the economy the way it is, I actually have more than a lot of people have right now. I should feel fortunate. And I do.

in love  girl on a swing toddler girl
Happily Married         Samantha               Lindsay
  May 23, 2009         June 7, 2006      August 24, 2003

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)