Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this is why you should always keep your doors locked

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:06 PM
  • 21 Replies

bc you never know when your neighbor's 13 year old dd will walk in unannounced like she did today.  We have a 2 bdrm 1 bath house, well duplex.  Well since dh was off today i thought i would go ahead and take my shower. well dh likes to walk around in his boxers which normally i dont really care my kids are young enough not to understand they are underwear  well back to the one bathroom part. i was in the shower and dh decided he had to take a dump yay me right.

Well he comes in to use the bathroom and while i am showering and he is doing his thing we dont even hear a knock on the door we just hear the door open so i thought it might have been dd trying to escape, (when dh isnt here my door stays locked) well then we hear "people i have entered."   We are both in the bathroom wtf? i mean she let herself in no knocking or anything and we were like well what do u want, and she of course wanted to do laundry. 

So what did we do? we lied to her and told her we were out of laundry soap though i have a big brand new 96 load container, but im sorry i have been telling them since august to get their own soap and they have yet to do it.  So since i let her mom do one load on friday night to be nice because they were down to one towel and she was babysitting for me that night. 

So i know her mom is gonna bitch when she comes home and her dd tells her oh they were out of soap.  If her mom ask im going to tell her im sorry i have a closet full of dh's uniforms that need to be done (even though they are clean she doesnt know that) and im going to nicely tell her if you had your own soap i wouldnt care but i dont have the money to keep buying laundry soap.

i mean im not asking much she can get some at the doller store for 5 bucks. she can keep it here or at her house trust me we wont use it.  I mean i was nice and let her do one load over the weekend and now they want to use it again yeah no not playing that game sorry. well after we told her we are out of soap instead of her leaving so we can come out of the bathroom she starts playing with the dogs and im thinking OMG LEAVE SO WE CAN COME OUT OF THE BATHROOM ugh!  sorry so long just wanted to share my wonderful experience.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KatherineM
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Yeah definently lock my doors I am usually home by myself with the boys. Dh used to gripe about me keeping the doors locked.

twinmamaof3
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Wow, cant they go to a laundry mat?  Thats really nice of you, I always get compliments that I am a nice person but I couldnt do that, if it was my friend sure, no prolem.  But someone else?  PN

mommam58122
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:12 PM

well i mean she considered us her friends but then at the same time we get used. they have no car so if i were to tell them to use the laundry mat they would be asking us for a ride. thats why i dont care about them using our washer and dryer (my water bill is paid by the owner of the house) and my electric bill is fairly low so it doesnt bother me the part that bothers me is when im down to almost no soap trying to make it to payday with 2 kids that cant go a day without getting their clothes dirty (my oldest is 3) and they want to do laundry. ok sure get your own soap thats not too much to ask is it? 

connorsmommy120
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:15 PM

How come your part of the duplex has a washer and dryer but, theirs doesn't? 

babies

pregnancy
mommam58122
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:17 PM

because we own our washer and dryer its a side by side duplex and we own our own washer and dryer  

SamiJ18
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Wow.  Our family doesn't even barge in our house like that.

MzSeXyC
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:19 PM

umm yeah thats crazy. defintly know to always keep your doors locked now! lol.

im pretty sure you posted before about your neighbor and the laundry soap. obviously she isnt getting the picture. i think its time to stop playing nice and tell her

DO NOT COME TO MY HOUSE TO DO LAUNDRY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR OWN SOAP!!! PERIOD. lol.

also tell her to have a talk with her kid about just walking up in people's houses. the girl should no better.  

Merrydish78
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:21 PM

ur nice i wouldnt even let them use my washer lol

mommam58122
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:21 PM

i hate to be mean to people but i think your right. just like i need to tell her if you dont have gas money dont ask us for rides. if you cant give us the money up front dont ask us to go buy u cigerettes. please feel free to tell my dh that no he can not have a cigerette bc u do not have enough we know you are poor we can tell because u still have yet to buy your own damn laundry soap.

Quoting MzSeXyC:

umm yeah thats crazy. defintly know to always keep your doors locked now! lol.

im pretty sure you posted before about your neighbor and the laundry soap. obviously she isnt getting the picture. i think its time to stop playing nice and tell her

DO NOT COME TO MY HOUSE TO DO LAUNDRY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR OWN SOAP!!! PERIOD. lol.

also tell her to have a talk with her kid about just walking up in people's houses. the girl should no better.  

alwaysyoung
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Quoting KatherineM:

Yeah definently lock my doors I am usually home by myself with the boys. Dh used to gripe about me keeping the doors locked.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)