Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

thrash??

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:08 PM
  • 19 Replies

is that something babies get in their mouth?? or is it thrush?? anyway, my 2 month old has this white stuff on his lips. i thought they get it on their tongues when it is thrash? we go to the ped on the 25th, but should i go in earlier?

just wanted to say thanks to you ladies! i called his doc the day i wrote this and he called him in some antibiotics, but when i went to pick them up i bought the gention violet stuff and decided to try it first and the next morning it was almost gone. now it is completely healed up. so thanks to cafemom, we got to skip a dose of antibiotics!!! thanks again!

You can change the world with one random act of kindness at a time.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Honeybun09
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:09 PM

It's thrush.

I would take him in now.

I am a US citizen, formula feeding but will breastfeed until child self weans next time, co-sleeping, extended rear facing and harnessing to the maximum, God loving and fearing, anti-spanking and time-out, anti-CIO, wanting another baby but waiting, disposable diapering but will cloth diaper next time, training to be a child care assistant, natural family planning (no birth control AT ALL) mommy to one beautiful mixed baby girl!  My husband is a legal Mexican United States citizen, who is the most amazing man, husband, and father.

Have a Baby? Join us in the Babies group! ~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~

krista778
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Its THRUSH. But yeah they get it in their mouths. there is an over  the counter product for it. I got it at Walgreens but Walmart has it too. I can't think of the name of it right now though!

Honeybun09
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Is it for babies? I had to be prescribed something when my daughter was a few months old.

Quoting krista778:

Its THRUSH. But yeah they get it in their mouths. there is an over  the counter product for it. I got it at Walgreens but Walmart has it too. I can't think of the name of it right now though!

I am a US citizen, formula feeding but will breastfeed until child self weans next time, co-sleeping, extended rear facing and harnessing to the maximum, God loving and fearing, anti-spanking and time-out, anti-CIO, wanting another baby but waiting, disposable diapering but will cloth diaper next time, training to be a child care assistant, natural family planning (no birth control AT ALL) mommy to one beautiful mixed baby girl!  My husband is a legal Mexican United States citizen, who is the most amazing man, husband, and father.

Have a Baby? Join us in the Babies group! ~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~

Swtmama62205
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Its Thrush....you need a prescription to clear it.  It is definitely not like an emergency you don't need to be seen TODAY but i wouldn't wait till the 25th

pregnancy calendar

Stay at home mommy to two little boys Noah who is 4 and Andrew who is 2! And a loving wife to my wonderful husband Ryan=)
amayabrianna
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:14 PM

FIRST before you jump to any conclusions try wiping it off with a dry washcloth. You will have to put alittle pressure on it but not too much. If it is thrush it will not come off. You can get a prescription but they never helped my DD or myself when I got it. The only thing that worked for us was gentian violet. It is OTC but it will stain EVERYTHING it touches so be careful. It works though it took about 24-48 hours to clear with this on my DD.

__Pro_Choice_is_NOT______stamp_by_T.gif Pro Choice not Pro Abortion image by croatoan5376ifyoucant30.jpg pro choice image by karmaschaos3756f1d9.jpg menstruation is murder! image by karmaschaosPro-choice.gif Pro choice image by Treehugger30

thextended-rear-facing.gif image by MommabunchCopyofFinalcarseatblinkie.gif image by Mommabunch

krista778
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Yes its for babies, its next to the gas drops.

Quoting Honeybun09:

Is it for babies? I had to be prescribed something when my daughter was a few months old.

Quoting krista778:

Swtmama62205
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:16 PM

I have never tried this stuff but i heard it works great

Quoting amayabrianna:

FIRST before you jump to any conclusions try wiping it off with a dry washcloth. You will have to put alittle pressure on it but not too much. If it is thrush it will not come off. You can get a prescription but they never helped my DD or myself when I got it. The only thing that worked for us was gentian violet. It is OTC but it will stain EVERYTHING it touches so be careful. It works though it took about 24-48 hours to clear with this on my DD.

pregnancy calendar

Stay at home mommy to two little boys Noah who is 4 and Andrew who is 2! And a loving wife to my wonderful husband Ryan=)
kaitlynsmom1230
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:19 PM

My doctor told me to get a bottle of Genetian Violet from the pharmacy. Dip a Qtip in it and swap the inside of my daughter's mouth. A few days later it was gone.

thangelbabybug
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:20 PM

sounds like thrush and my doctor told me it is very very painful for babies so i would get your little one seen today, my son was very fussy for over a week and the medicine helped some but they ended up using the violet stuff to help give it a push to clear it up.

lachick
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:22 PM

you need to go to the Dr for that you will need a Rx. My youngest had it when she was little. Good luck with it.  you are not alone babies do get it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)