Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So what kind of mom are you?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:10 PM
  • 29 Replies

Just wondering cause I dont know what kind of mom i want to be or even how to be a kind of mom....

So what kind of mom are you why and how did you become that kind of mother...

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imthatgirl728
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:11 PM

ummm...the good kind.

Is there more to the question?

gurliegal86
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:13 PM

I am a sahm. 

mommy_israel
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:13 PM

yes smart ass.. lol  whats your parenting style ....

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Quoting gurliegal86:

I am a sahm. 

dmesterse
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:22 PM

I am retired military, spanking, grounding, and back in school mom of three boys. Don't bash the spanking, it is working. I do not do it in anger, I do it in love. Never with a belt, spoon or switch, it seems to get through to them better than my yelling. You can never plan to be a certain kind of mom, I didn't turn out the way I wanted. I wanted perfect children, who never screamed in a store, never talked back, always kept their rooms clean, and had married parents. But they are my children and there is nothing I can do about it except love them for who they are.

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:25 PM

We I don't know what you mean. I guess I am about 15% old school, 25% ap, 50% crunchy/natural, and 10% of whatever works with my kids. I let my kids be kids without them being  brats, I stick as close to natural/leaving things as they are as I can, and I used a little this and a little that to see what works for my family. I am a sahm. I dont care if my kids get dirty, in fact I get dirty right along with them. Its not unusual for my kitchen floor to be covered in powdered sugar, we lick the bowl, and jump on the bed. I don't do leashes, cages but if I tell them to stay in the bed, or hold my hand then they better. I hug, and kiss, laugh and giggle, we don't do schedules if ds falls asleep in the stroller that's fine with me. I will spank if I have to but I am far more creative than that. I make them attend church with us, and they will most liky until they move out, my kids can breastfeed til 3, and sleep in our bed but when when me and dh need quality time tehy go in there own beds, I hope to home school, and enjoy being with my kids during the day.

luckypenny720
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:26 PM

I am a Rosanne kind of mom... I am that way because life sucks and I don't want them dillusioned 

mommy_israel
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:27 PM

haha love this

isra1986
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:31 PM

I just let everything happen.
Trust my instincts. Learn what I am unsure about. Give my daughter stability and consistency. Give her room to grow and let her personality shine.

-RPGmomof3-
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:33 PM

i guess im a laid back mom. i dont let my kids do whatever they want in that sense but im not in their face 24/7. I do keep them in the same room as me though. i pick and choose my battles so to speak. i play with them and try to divide my attention. im protective of them as well. i keep an okay house when it comes to being clean but im not a neat freak. i guess all in all im an average mom who tries the best they know how.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)