Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your FIRST pregnancy.......... True emotions?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:37 PM
  • 14 Replies

Pregnant Smiley After the excitement calmed down, and you REALLY  realized that you will be someone's mommy,  What secret thoughts and emotions ran through your mind? For me, it was the fear that this lil' person would grow to be a teen that totally despised mom.  

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and loving it!!
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.phillips123
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:40 PM

that i wouldnt be able to give him the life he deserved. i knew his bio dad didnt want him and that was hard, so we packed up and left after he was born..im now happily married and my son has everyhting and more he deserves 

i was also worried about his health etc, and as bad as this is, i was worried he would be ugly! lol dont judge me

Wife to Matt and Momma to Latham James 2 in February, and another on the way due July 22nd!

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:40 PM

I was honestly really really happy! I was 23, married, just bought our first home, and going to school, and working my first job I felt so ready.

SamiJ18
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Mine was a fear that I would end up like everyone said I would.  It was also excitement to meet this little person.  It was also a determination to do well for our baby.

aviatorswife
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:41 PM

For a fleeting moment, in secret, I thought that my life was going to be over. I would never have a career, I would just be stuck at home. Now, I know that's only true if you make it so, but becoming a mom for the first time is overwhelming.

The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.

isra1986
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Mine was her being a boy, not a girl!
And SIDS. I was terrified she would die of SIDS like DH's youngest son!

wiferichie
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:42 PM

i wasn't worried about anything really. until closer to the end, i was paranoid that he was going to be a hermaphrodite.... ha dont judge 

faeryfrog
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:42 PM

I was terrified of the lack of sleep. That's the one thing that kept replaying in my mind like a nightmare..lol

mrs.phillips123
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:44 PM

LOL love it!

Quoting wiferichie:

i wasn't worried about anything really. until closer to the end, i was paranoid that he was going to be a hermaphrodite.... ha dont judge 

Wife to Matt and Momma to Latham James 2 in February, and another on the way due July 22nd!

CjEmmemommy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:45 PM

My children were both planned so I never felt worried per say... Actually with my first I had no idea what it would mean to me to have him.. I was never the "mommy" type and didn't think I would have children till my Husband brought it up so when I was pregnant I was preparing logically for a child but not so much on the emotional end.. When he was born however I fell in love and that is when I started to wonder what he would be like, if I would ruin him:-) and how much I wanted to protect him from things..

When I found out I was pregnant with my second and it was a girl I went though what you did because having a teen girl still scares the crap out of me!!! HA

Erica

a wedding website

lajamielyn
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:48 PM

For me I was scared once I got over being happy.  I was 16 yrs old. I wasn't sure if I could give my baby what she needed or wanted in life and how was I gonna do all that and go to school and work. I started freaking out until her father calmed me down and told me to relax, that everything would be ok. He would work 3 jobs if he had to, but he would make sure our lil girl had everything she needed.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)