Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When a mom leasves CAFEMOM...........

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:48 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'm a group owner, and one of the members of our group  PM'd me that she will be leaving CAFEMOM. She spoke well of this site, shejust won't have time to spend here as she'd like in order to keep up her daily addiction to CM.  I'm going to miss that lady, she was ever so kind and generous.

SoI've been thinking, DO YOU THINK OF EACH screen name as being a real "fleshy " person - someone's mom? Or, do you just block it all off each day, like nothing more than a moment's entertainment? 

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and loving it!!
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Just_Bethy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Some of the ladies I see every day and I miss them if I don't and will message them to see if they are OK..I know more about some of these women from thier pics and posts than I do people in real life!..lol..I would hope I would be missed to..even only cause people see me every day 

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

mommyof2girls00
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:58 PM

a moment's entertainment

Learn from yesterday.. Live for today.. Hope for tomorrow...

Proud mother of Debbie listening to tunes & Ashley toddler girl

shecallsmemom04
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:59 PM

there's a handful i really love.  but i speak with them on a personal level as well.  so, i would still have contact with them even without cafemom.

the rest....nothing more than a moments entertainment. 

i save animals.....because they have proven to me they are better than people.

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:59 PM

It really depends on the person. Some people are my entertainment, while i would be concerned if others jsut disappeared

wedding planning guide

perfectkitten
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Well...I am not REAL close to anyone on cafemom, but there are a few moms that I share a common point of view with. If they left cafemom yes I would think about them from time to time, but not to a degree of disruption. If that makes sense.

25beengoodtome
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Quoting mommyof2girls00:

a moment's entertainment

glad we can entertain you!

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and loving it!!
T-Howe
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:08 PM

some are just names and others are my friends

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:11 PM

It kinda hard to see past the screen name b/c it is the computer and all... but after getting to know some of these ladies, you see that they are real people with opinions and thoughts.... I've mad a few pretty good friends on here that I know I could talk to if I needed a shoulder and I would listen to them too. I also think this site has given me more insight to exactly how differently people think and how many opinions are really out there... among are parenting, religion, and even carseats and PA. It can be pretty good entertainment though, lol.

real_mom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:17 PM

in my step-parenting groups...it's not just entertainment...although sometimes we do make each other laugh.  i'm a full time step-mom to 3 kids and full-time bio-mom to 2.  my DH works out of town monday through friday so it can be a bit overwhelming.  with that group i know i have somewhere to go to vent.  the woman there will understand what i'm going through or how i feel.  sometimes they have words of advice and i really do care about that advice.  sometimes it's just someone to listen.   

Owner of the Step-Parenting Cafe! 
http://www.cafemom.com/group/105938

HippieMomma08
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I think of all the women on here as women, not so much as moms. I actually forget that we all have kids until some one asks a child related question lol. I think of the women in most of my groups as my friends that I talk to regularly. However, when people do leave or stop coming around.. I don't lose sleep over it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)