Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Radian XTSL - UPDATE: It's Installed

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:56 PM
  • 25 Replies

UPDATE:  I did it!  I had to put it FF for right now, but I have a wonderful install on it!  It is soooo tight and won't move an inch.  After installing it I realized I had forgotten the strong lock, or something like that - it goes between the harnesses and their original locking point to absorb energy for children under 40lbs who FF.  I had to take the seat out and complete that.  I am so thrilled to have done it.  I am in love with the seat and am planning on ditching my 2 yo's Boulevard for a Radian XTSL.  I found a website where I could have gotten it for $239 w free shipping... BTW, I used the latch installation!

I just ordered my last baby a Radian XTSL carseat.  She has been using a Britax that my cousin purchased last year.  I have always used Britax, I currently have 2 Britax frontiers for my 5 & 6 year old who will be EH'd and a Britax Boulevard for my 26 month old.  I am using a Britax Marathon right now but fell in love with the Radian.  Does anyone have any input on this seat?  I am so excited - I ordered it in Petal.  I also loved the Flora but it was too much white for our crazy family!

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cowgirlsmommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I've never gotten to play with one but I do plan on buying one after our next baby outgrows her infant seat.

adri_nevarez
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:54 PM

I am so excited,  They were sold out at Babies R Us and HipMonkey.com.  I would have LOVED to have gotten one from Hip Monkey but I needed one NOW because my cousin is needing the seat back.  I had to pay for 3 day shipping... but it's worth it.  I kinda regret not paying for overnight shipping!

Quoting cowgirlsmommy:

I've never gotten to play with one but I do plan on buying one after our next baby outgrows her infant seat.

Mommy2Kaelen
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:02 PM

They are supposed to be amazing seats and they have the highest RF limits and the highest FF limits as well.   Just make sure it's installed right because they tend to be difficult.   I would for sure take it to a tech to be checked.    I love the seat though and plan to buy one if I have another.   Post pics when you get it in.

Army_Wife722
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:02 PM

I would like to know too I am debating on getting it for my 4 year old and want to make sure it's a good car seat that's going to last her a long time.

adri_nevarez
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:34 PM

Thanks... I am glad you mentioned the difficulty for installing because it is advertised as being the easiest to install.  I read somewhere that it could be installed in ONE MINUTE!  Thanks for the heads up!

Quoting Mommy2Kaelen:

They are supposed to be amazing seats and they have the highest RF limits and the highest FF limits as well.   Just make sure it's installed right because they tend to be difficult.   I would for sure take it to a tech to be checked.    I love the seat though and plan to buy one if I have another.   Post pics when you get it in.

Mommy2Kaelen
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 2:46 AM

Quoting adri_nevarez:

Thanks... I am glad you mentioned the difficulty for installing because it is advertised as being the easiest to install.  I read somewhere that it could be installed in ONE MINUTE!  Thanks for the heads up!

Quoting Mommy2Kaelen:

The techs have said that its had install troubles.   If you go to carseat.org you can search your car and the seat and it will pull up if any of the women on there have had a successful install with it but to be safe I would still take it to a tech.

adri_nevarez
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Thanks... I appreciate the info!

Quoting Mommy2Kaelen:

Quoting adri_nevarez:

Quoting Mommy2Kaelen:

The techs have said that its had install troubles.   If you go to carseat.org you can search your car and the seat and it will pull up if any of the women on there have had a successful install with it but to be safe I would still take it to a tech.

sallymoon
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 7:36 PM

I got a Radian XT for my son for our second vehicle.  Our van has no LATCH, so I had to do a seat belt install.  It's in the middle of the back bench seat, which has a lap belt.  It wasn't too horribly difficult other than I had to twist the seat belt to keep it from loosening.  It took a bit of effort, but not much time.  It's a rock solid install and has been checked by CPSTs.  I really like this seat for my son and will probably be getting an XTSL to replace his True Fit when he hits the 35 lbs weight limit (only 5 lbs to go, eek!), unless there is a seat out by then that can RF longer.

adri_nevarez
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 11:06 PM

I am so excited about being able to RF until 45 lbs!  I was over the moon about that part!  My 2 1/2 year old loves RF - she is in a Boulevard but is teeny tiny at 21 lbs.  Maddy is 14 months and already at 24lbs!  My older girls are in the 3rd row so they like being backwards so that they can converse with them!

Quoting sallymoon:

I got a Radian XT for my son for our second vehicle.  Our van has no LATCH, so I had to do a seat belt install.  It's in the middle of the back bench seat, which has a lap belt.  It wasn't too horribly difficult other than I had to twist the seat belt to keep it from loosening.  It took a bit of effort, but not much time.  It's a rock solid install and has been checked by CPSTs.  I really like this seat for my son and will probably be getting an XTSL to replace his True Fit when he hits the 35 lbs weight limit (only 5 lbs to go, eek!), unless there is a seat out by then that can RF longer.

Animated BlinkiesAnimated BlinkiesAnimated Blinkies

Animated BlinkiesFree Animated BlinkiesFree Animated Blinkies

Free Animationsanimated gifsFree Animations

sallymoon
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 6:05 AM

I got the XT instead of the XTSL because I thought my son would not make it past 40 lbs before hitting the one inch mark, and the Super Latch would be useless in my van.  My son is mostly torso, so I'm pretty sure he'll hit the RF height limit before the weight limit.  I'm sure a good portion of kids would be able to RF to pretty close to 45 lbs in the XTSL, though.

Quoting adri_nevarez:

I am so excited about being able to RF until 45 lbs!  I was over the moon about that part!  My 2 1/2 year old loves RF - she is in a Boulevard but is teeny tiny at 21 lbs.  Maddy is 14 months and already at 24lbs!  My older girls are in the 3rd row so they like being backwards so that they can converse with them!

Quoting sallymoon:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)