Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Atheists are hateful and have no morals

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:59 PM
  • 140 Replies

Well... not all of us... that is the misconseption that we get. I happen to be a very loving person that dosn't judge and could care less about what others believe (sadly, I've ran across those who hate religious people... mainly b/c of sterotypes) I do, however, like to have civil debate and learn about what others believe and think as there are so many ways to believe, I think its interesting! I also have morals that I get from daily life and experiences.... I also got them from my wonderful parents as a child (who happen to be believers, and love and accept me eventhough I don't believe like them) ... sadly however, some children have parents that don't care and never teach them anything... but thats a different topic. There are plenty of Atheists just like me.

The point of this post is to bring to light about the sterotypes of religion and nonbelief. ... There are good and... not so good people everywhere in the world... Think about it, our children don't care about how thier friend is being raised... which religion they come from, they don't see color or financial background among other sterotypical topics.(I'm talking about young kids BTW) They play and have fun together regardless of who the other kid is and sometimes fight over a toy or something like that... b/c they sometimes don't know any better about sharing... but we do.

Christians and Atheists seem to have the worst sterotypes on them in a negitive way... like I said, there are good and bad. Just b/c I've have some negitive experencies with Christians dosn't mean I think the entire religion is bad and all the people are the same. In fact, where I live is the bible belt and I'm the only Atheist I know in real life... my friends and family (most of) know how I feel and don't have a problem with the way I think and love me just the same... Really, if we could regress a little bit and think more like our kids, the world could be improved... there would be more love.... and less sterotype and this word we call "hate".

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristaP13
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:02 PM

I like your post :)  People need to realize that there are good and bad people among the believers & non-believers.

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Quoting KristaP13:

I like your post :)  People need to realize that there are good and bad people among the believers & non-believers.

The "Christians are judgemental" Post got me to thinking. I had more that I wanted to put, but right now I can't think of how to word it, lol.

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:06 PM

BUMP!

tickled_pink09
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:06 PM

I  am a Christian but I don't think that someone being an atheist means they are hateful or have no morals. We think differently on alot of things but if we were to talk about other things---not religion we would find that we have common ground.

WildKat
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:10 PM

I'm basically agnostic and I love your post too.  I have to disagree with the "worst" stereotypes going to Aetheists and Christians though.  I think in the post 9/11 world Muslims get stereotyped even worse. 

Peace,

Kat

Wendy_June
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Quoting KristaP13:

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Quoting WildKat:

I'm basically agnostic and I love your post too.  I have to disagree with the "worst" stereotypes going to Aetheists and Christians though.  I think in the post 9/11 world Muslims get stereotyped even worse. 

Peace,

Kat

Yea, you are right about that... I feel so bad for the many peaceful Muslims that are hated simply b/c there are a few bad eggs.

MomX04
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:13 PM

To be honest until I came to internet forums like wahm.com and CafeMom religion or lack of was probably the very last thing on my mind of importance.  In real life I could care less if the person I'm serving is religious or not.  I don't care what God/Goddess/Higher Power they call upon or if they don't use one at all.  It makes absolutely no difference to me whatsoever.  We all bleed red when we get cut, that is all that counts.

WildKat
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Quoting Chaotic_Rayne:

Quoting WildKat:

Peace,

Kat

Yea, you are right about that... I feel so bad for the many peaceful Muslims that are hated simply b/c there are a few bad eggs.

Agreed.

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Quoting tickled_pink09:

I  am a Christian but I don't think that someone being an atheist means they are hateful or have no morals. We think differently on alot of things but if we were to talk about other things---not religion we would find that we have common ground.

Exactly, some people wont even be friends with another person simply b/c they believe a different way... thats the sad part, just think of what could be a wonderful friend they could have if they would just put something that simple aside to get to know that person as a human being.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)