Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GOD PARENTS??!! POLL & Q'S

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:26 PM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Did you name god parents for your child / children? and who did you name? a friend or family member?

Options:

Yes!

No!

Never thought about it?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 30

View Results

Just a thought, my husband came to me walla go and asked who we named as godparents for our son, and or if anyone, and it got me to thinking, we never did offically. If you have, what is the process and or why did you ask the person you asked? JUST FOR FUN! :) in love

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidensema
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:16 PM

ok so i couldnt answer because our story is complicated. im jewish and hubbs is catholic. my son had a bris and than we were supposed to get him baptized, but my husband has been dragging ass for the last 3 years (yes my son will be three next saturday and hes still not baptized!! *horror gasp*) so anyways, i chose godparents becuase he wouldnt too, but the people i chose said they "were too busy and already had other godchildren", the second couple screwed us over financially and now we are stuck. i want my best friend to be his godfather, we have been best friends since we were 14, hes catholic. i asked me husband he said absolutly not. i even offered to have his sister as godmother with my friend being the godfather, he said no, i do not understand the concept of godparents, which is bullcrap. he really wants aiden to make confirmation and all the other stuff but hes so stubborn to every idea i have that hes going to end up not eve being baptized or making confirmation or any other stuff that has to do with my husband religion. so now he can suck it becuase i am sick of having ideas and being shot down.

Bekah062205
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:19 PM

my daughter doesnt have any God Parents...my bff though will take her if dh and i die and my parents or dh parents are dead.....but i am a God Parent to my bffs 3 kids(4 as soon as she has her new baby). She asked me the day her first son was born to be his God Mother and then asked me if i could be the God Mother to all her children. We dont have it legal but everyone in her family and mine know the kids are my God children.

Pumpkinmom06
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:56 PM

WOW! I really thought this post would get a lot more attention than this, come on ladies, you cant relate to this at all???? ANYONE??

Bekah062205
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:01 PM

bump....hope you get some more people to respond/

RaynesMommy07
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Yes. And we choose a family member and a friend, to be godparents for our kids. 

Jaxonsmom19
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:04 PM

I had god parents picked out for my son so yes, he would have had godparents. It was my best friend. I am also a godmother to 3 children.

sids ribbonSupporting Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness in Memory of My Son, Jaxon Elijah. Stillborn September 5th,2008. Forever loved and missed!

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Yes we did and they were family members.

boppysmom2007
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:05 PM

we choose godparents for my son but like some familys we have 2 god mothers for him theres not really a man that we knew of that we would trust at that time so he has his aunt adora and aunt candy. they are each from our sides of the family and we new that if anything happends to us they will both do whats best for our son

carygrantfan
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:08 PM

depending upon your religion, there may or may not be a formal way to name godparents.  also some non-practicing people may ask people to be godparents w/o going thru a christening or whatever.  we've used friends and family.  it seems to be the kiss-of-death to relationships for us, tho.  our closeness to the individuals has waned in every case and in one, we haven't had any contact in about a decade.  it's probably just me, tho.

bellasmom_01
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:08 PM

My sister and bil are my children's godparents.

marinesbakinglistening to tunesbaby boy
         Jason   &   Sarah                        Isabella                    Michael
         06/27/2008                             09/19/2001              10/27/2009       

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)