Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why cant old people accept boys with long hair??

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:57 PM
  • 103 Replies

i was at the store the other day and this old couple kept talking to/about my son. saying things like, she is cute and look at the grin on her, and i bet she is a handful..i was just going to let it slide but the line was long we were waiting in and eventually i said, he is a BOY. a very cute little boy though, thanks. and the old man sat there and argued with me for like a minute on whether or not it was really a boy. he said "they cant be no boy, boys dont look like that" etc etc. i was like, well yes he is a boy...first of all he has a blue football shirt, jeans, and blue shoes on. he seemed so appalled that my son's hair is so long, and it is not even as long as a lot of boy hair cuts i have seen. so do you get this from old people? i literally am starting to get it every time we go out. do people not take the time to look at what they are wearing? are there mom's going around dressing their little girls in all boy clothes? lol

this is DS btw.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kim3787
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:00 PM

I don't have any experience with having a boy with long hair but I am constantly telling people that my 6 month old baby boy, who wears very boy-like clothing, blue blankets, etc. etc. is NOT a girl.

Lilypie - (FU7B)

Lilypie - (bldt)

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:02 PM

His hair is not that long... I like a little boys with long hair, if its done right it looks really cute and modern!

Op, maybe that couple confused him with a girl because he has soft features. Or maybe it was just old people being old people.

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:03 PM

I don't know why... My b/f is 26 years old and would be confused for a girl if looked at from behind b/c his hair is down to his butt. Pretty sad though, my b/f has longer and prettier hair than me, lol... I would like to grow out my son's hair, but I just havent let it get there yet... maybe not THAT long though.

exceptalilfish
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:04 PM

omg when my son was first born he was always matching in blue outfits/hats/socks/blankets stuff and people would ask is it a boy or a girl? i just want to say...it's a girl...i'm just a fucking idiot.

Quoting Kim3787:

I don't have any experience with having a boy with long hair but I am constantly telling people that my 6 month old baby boy, who wears very boy-like clothing, blue blankets, etc. etc. is NOT a girl.

De_Chick
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Lol elderly people for the most part will never get it. My mom does this one too and its frustrating. She always tells my son to get a haircut when his hair is a lttle long and usually he will in time but honestly he likes himself so much more with longer hair I'm not goign to encourage it anymore. I don't know why they cant just accept that boys are allowed to have hair past their ears these days.

Your son is very cute and I wouldn't mistake him for a girl.

marmie41
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:08 PM

May not have a thing to do with long hair.  People always thought my son was a girl and he didn't have long hair, when I would tell them he was a boy, I would always get the response.  Well he is to pretty to be a boy.  LOL

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:09 PM

My daughters bf, has really long hair. I have no issue with it. He is clean living, church going, smart and living on his own, making his own money is a manager at Game Stop. He is in college, On the Dean's list as well. Actually, my daughter and he are courting, according to his terms. They have been together for over a year. lol They remind me of an old couple. actually. :0) Old fashioned in some ways.

EmoticonsEmoticonsmardigraslovea1.gif Mardi Gras image by ebskains

mirandas_mom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Because back when they were young, boys didn't wear long hair. It's what they believe. Why can't we accept that not everyone agrees with everything we do? 

Little_bug
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:10 PM

I am 27 and I don't like little boys with long hair, sorry

GenevieveD
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:11 PM

LOL well my SO has long hair and I LOVE it! :) The girls will be all about when he's older....I have DDs but if I had boys they'd be shaggy too!

Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air -- Emerson

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)