Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me...I can't find my thyroid gland!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:13 PM
  • 4 Replies

My husband, mother, mother-in-law, and sister all have thyroid disease. In fact, my MIL has thyroid cancer. You'd think I would know how to feel for the gland!

I sort of have a slight lump on the side of the middle of my throat. If you run your hand straight up the middle of your throat, it's roughly 1/2 way up and is on the right side (my right.)

Could that be it?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
briansmommy7143
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:14 PM

I'm not sure, but the fact that your MIL has thyroid cancer will not effect you in any way. Hope everything is ok!!

support_leukemia.gif leukemia image by latin_grrrl

JADIEBUG
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Could be the thyroid or your lymph glands. it is worth getting checked out. The thyroid gland takes the shape of a butterfly with the two wings being represented by the left and right thyroid lobes which wrap around the trachea.

OAmy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Quoting briansmommy7143:

I'm not sure, but the fact that your MIL has thyroid cancer will not effect you in any way. Hope everything is ok!!

I realize that! I was just saying that you would think I'd know its exact location since all the people important to me have issues with it:)

briansmommy7143
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Ohhh gotcha, lol. I thought you were concerned because of heredity, which still would apply to you, but not by MIL, which you obviously know. Sorry! lol....

Quoting OAmy:

Quoting briansmommy7143:

I realize that! I was just saying that you would think I'd know its exact location since all the people important to me have issues with it:)

support_leukemia.gif leukemia image by latin_grrrl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)