Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD in this position

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:37 PM
  • 25 Replies

Well to start off i know its wrong so please no bashing me

I am married but i have not felt anything for my husband in two years as him with me he has cheated on me with someone he met online although he denies it. 

Well i have known this guy for years and well we used to joke about us hooking up (no i haven't yet)  but over the past few days i have felt a spark he treats me well  he wants me and my kids to come to him ( planing on splitting fully up with my husband)  well  i am not sure how to tell my husband i want a devorce  i just can't stay someplace i am not loved  what or how would you do it?

i am so confused but i know what i want and well my kids have said they are tired of seeing me treated like crap

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chelletell
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:03 PM

I guess if it doesn't involve drama no one replies

Se7enTh1rt3en
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:05 PM

I would say BEFORE you do anything with this guy, make sure your divorce is final.  Just because your husband cheated on you does not mean you have to stoop to his level.  You wanna date the guy - fine...just do it when you're single.  Think about it this way: What example do you want to set for your kids?  If both parents are cheating, then they're going to think that it's alright to cheat.

In regards to telling your husband - just be straight with him.  There's no sugarcoating it, hun - you want out.  Tell him why you want out, and be specific.  If it's the cheating, him not helping out enough around the house, you're just not in love with him anymore...whatever.  Just tell him.  Like you said, you can't stay someplace you're not loved - tell him that.  Just be honest with him.

amayabrianna
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:07 PM

If you truly feel there is no other option then I would just be honest with him. Have you tried a seperation tell him you are leaving and see what he has to say. Sometimes that will make them straighten up. It took my DH about a month to go from I hate you and don't love you and don't want to be with you to I love you and never realized how much. GL HTH stay strong mama!!

__Pro_Choice_is_NOT______stamp_by_T.gif Pro Choice not Pro Abortion image by croatoan5376ifyoucant30.jpg pro choice image by karmaschaos3756f1d9.jpg menstruation is murder! image by karmaschaosPro-choice.gif Pro choice image by Treehugger30

thextended-rear-facing.gif image by MommabunchCopyofFinalcarseatblinkie.gif image by Mommabunch

MamaBloom777
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:09 PM

I would just be as open and honest with him as you just were with us.  Tell him that you want a divorce, tell him why, & answer questions for him.  There will be no "easy" way for you to do this.  He will more than likely be hurt.  Good luck!!

gulfcoastmom4
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Your marriage isn't working because you are concentrating on another man. Just remember the greass isn't always greener on the other side.

navbird79
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:14 PM

make sure in your heart that you are splitting with hubby for the right reason instead of for another man.  its nice to have that "other man" to fall into when you're down, but would he be with you through thick and thin and support your kids no matter what?  Would it all change if you moved in with this other guy? I do agree with the poster who mentioned to make sure your divorce is final before moving in with this other man because it can and probably would be used against you.  I would highly suggest talking to your hubby about splitting up and see what his take is on it, though. 

savedbygrace316
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:19 PM

There is no easy way to do it.  I wouldn't do it before he goes to work or bed.  Like a weekend day is probably best.  See if the kids can stay with someone.  That's the only advice I can think of.  Good luck.

CafeMom Tickers 

Wendy_June
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Quoting navbird79:

make sure in your heart that you are splitting with hubby for the right reason instead of for another man.  its nice to have that "other man" to fall into when you're down, but would he be with you through thick and thin and support your kids no matter what?  Would it all change if you moved in with this other guy? I do agree with the poster who mentioned to make sure your divorce is final before moving in with this other man because it can and probably would be used against you.  I would highly suggest talking to your hubby about splitting up and see what his take is on it, though. 

This

tretresmom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Quoting MamaBloom777:

I would just be as open and honest with him as you just were with us.  Tell him that you want a divorce, tell him why, & answer questions for him.  There will be no "easy" way for you to do this.  He will more than likely be hurt.  Good luck!!

This is exactly what I was going to say.  Just be honest.

chelletell
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Quoting gulfcoastmom4:

Your marriage isn't working because you are concentrating on another man. Just remember the greass isn't always greener on the other side.

the other man just came into my life like that i had not spoken to  him in years till the other day  my marriage has been bad since my  husband cheated on me i tried to make it work but getting yelled at constantly is makeing me sick

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)