Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm searching and not finding answers. Maybe one of you know

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:51 PM
  • 14 Replies

My sons girlfriends dad is psychotic. I mean abusive psycho. BAD. He threw her out. She is now with me. She's safe here. She's only 16. Her mother told me this morning he will not allow her to come back. That's fine with everybody ivolved. She needs to be safe.

So we are in Idaho. Idaho has no emancipation laws. Now this man is a nut case. Beyond description a nut case. He can go insane and tell the cops she ran away to make her come back. Then I'm in trouble for harboring a runaway. But he THREW her out. He really should be in jail right now for the crap he pulled. The mom said she would do what she has to leaglly so I can keep the girl. What do I do legally here?

I can't call an lawyer today since it's a holiday. I'd liek to see charges pressed on this dickweed for his antics. But my first and foremost concern is making sure she won't have to go back to his abuse.

Any ideas ladies?

And no sending her back to her parents is NOT an option. PERIOD

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBloom777
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:54 PM

I have no idea what you need to do...but here's a bump :)

Nholliday829
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Wow that's a tough one..Maybe till you can make legal calls..contact your local PD and explain to them whats going on and see if she cant just remain in your custody till further notice sense there was a form of abuse done..(regardless of what type..its still abuse)..GL

TheresaGeorge
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Call the police and tell them what happened.  Tell them that you have the mothers permission for the girl to be there, and that you are contacting a lawyer in the AM.  That way he can't call and say the she run away or anything.

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:00 PM

IDK, but you could call the police non emergency number and explain your situation to see if they can tell you what can be done legally. At least if you file some kind of report with the police, then he can't say that she ran away when he flips out again.

SeductiveMomma
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:01 PM

write up a contract with the mom saying she is giving you temperary full custody of the child for safety reasons. saying she gives you permission to act in her place when it comes to school and what not. That is the only advice i can give you because otherwise you are right when it comes to the law you are harboring a runaway. Its the only thing you can do to keep you out of trouble. and to keep her safe GOOD LUCK MOMMA my prayers are with you!

Pregnancy ticker

Non-CIO Momma, Non-Smoker, Non-Drinker, Married, Loving mother of one beautiful Princess and One on the way, Will be a memeber of the Latter-Day Saints Of Jesus Christ As Of November 28th, 2009, Pro-Life (Because Babies dont have a choice), Computer Geek, Family Orinented, SAHM, loves to Volunteer, On PA, Thrift Store Shop-A-Holic Heck of a mom Who loves her family and friends and Wouldnt trade them for the world
ColtonKeatonMom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Go with her to the sheriff's department or police station to file a complaint is all I can come up with. That way he can't say she ran away and you be in legal trouble because of that.

Swtmama62205
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:05 PM

i dont know but i think what your doing is awesome!  Heres a bump!

pregnancy calendar

Stay at home mommy to two little boys Noah who is 4 and Andrew who is 2! And a loving wife to my wonderful husband Ryan=)
Kizbee
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:05 PM

This is what I would say as well, except I would add to have both of your signatures notorized, just to be safe.

Quoting SeductiveMomma:

write up a contract with the mom saying she is giving you temperary full custody of the child for safety reasons. saying she gives you permission to act in her place when it comes to school and what not. That is the only advice i can give you because otherwise you are right when it comes to the law you are harboring a runaway. Its the only thing you can do to keep you out of trouble. and to keep her safe GOOD LUCK MOMMA my prayers are with you!

Je_Jette_Poo
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:06 PM

I don't know...

I'd call the police and tell them what happened, maybe see if the mom would do the same thing? If she says something to the police about what's going on, then the dad wouldn't be able to get away with calling her in as a runaway.

deann66
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Quoting dusky_rose:

IDK, but you could call the police non emergency number and explain your situation to see if they can tell you what can be done legally. At least if you file some kind of report with the police, then he can't say that she ran away when he flips out again.

I agree with this. Plus get the mom to sign a consent for care form. You will need it anyway if she stays living with you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)