Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Starbucks cupcakes

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:01 PM
  • 9 Replies

DH and I had a red velvet with cream cheese frosting from Starbucks for the first time today. We have a bet going about how fresh they are. I say they are frozen and shipped to different locations and DH says they are baked fresh at each location every morning. Anyone work at a Starbucks or know anyone who does and could let us know? Also, does anyone have the recipe for the icing? The "real" recipe? It's the best frosting we have ever had!

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mirandas_mom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Not sure about those but now I'm craving sweets. lol 

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Try googling it!  Lol google is my bff when it comes to such questions  :) 

amber0678
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:07 PM

i would bet they are frozen. also, i got a chocolate one for my dd the other day, and WOW they r expensive!

CafeMom Tickers

CariO.
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:07 PM

That sounds really good.  I've never seen that at Starbucks, but of course lately I'll just go through our drive-through one and don't look over the menu much. 

As far as your question about cream cheese frosting, I know that I've got a wonderful pumpkin 4-layer dessert with that type of frosting.  To make it you mix a package of cream cheese with cool whip and I believe some powdered sugar.  If you google it, you'll probably find the exact recipe!  Everything's online now.

Just_Bethy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Their cakes are frozen..I buy lemon slices and cran/orange scones from Starbuck frozen by the dozen ......

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

Swtmama62205
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:18 PM

have you tried the brownies? i seriously orgasimed when i bit into one(okay not really but they are so good)

pregnancy calendar

Stay at home mommy to two little boys Noah who is 4 and Andrew who is 2! And a loving wife to my wonderful husband Ryan=)
Leahmaria7981
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:18 PM

I'd go with frozen as well. Most places like that the cakes are always frozen. Still taste good though. The Starbucks around here (I guess everywhere would have them though...lol) have THE MOST AWESOME espresso brownies. Those are probably frozen too...

mslyricalbedlam
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:22 PM

I stared at one of those cupcakes the other day for like 10 min. they looked sooooo yummy! But, I was good and did not buy one! I LOVE red velvet with cream cheese frosting!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Orionsgirl
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:23 PM

I have no clue but I can say that I am addcited to the vanilla bean cupcake. That is the most delicious thing I have ever eaten and that frosting is to die for!

orionsgirl. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)