Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O on child support... roles reversed!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:17 PM
  • 19 Replies

My boyfriend has custody of his 2yr old son and technically has custody of his stepson. BM does have a job, granted its minimum wage. Should she be forced to pay child support as well or should I pity her for being a woman making soo little? Yes she has bills but they are her car payment, insurance, gas, smokes, food, and rent. We pay for her cellphone. What would you suggest she pay IF she was forced to pay child support?

PhotobucketPhotobucket
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wendy_June
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:19 PM

I think that if one parent isn't helping care for the children they should help finantually. Unless they've relinquished custody or something.

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Technically, she should pay child support.  But as a co-parent, I could see not forcing the issue - as long as you guys are okay financially.  What good does it do to make her even worse off?

This is exactly why we never pushed for support from oldest son's BM.

cowboygal
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:20 PM

HELL NO!!  Because if the situation was reversed and he was not paying I bet you his butt would be in jail.  We are too soft on moms that do not pay child support but so quick to throw he dads in jail. EQUAL RIGHTS!!!  Women wanted them but I guess that only works in situations that are right for them. Just because the female can pop a baby out does not make her supreme. It takes two to make a baby and should be TWO paying to raise that child.

This signature is very tall. Try to keep it shorter than this green section.
Se7enTh1rt3en
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Yes, I do think she should have to pay CS - the man does, so why not the woman?  I think you should take her to court -they can help decide a reasonable amount for her to pay, considering her income compared to her necessary bills.

freedomthinks
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:21 PM

well the courts do work both ways they go by  income   in many states  so she might have to pay a couple bucks a day like some   pooor daddies do

the courts tend to be rather  neutral  but their  priority   is for the kids needs  

reelo
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Yes, she should be paying child support.  Given her wage it won't be much, but that child is as much her responsibility as her ex's.

mom2four1978
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:23 PM

She should pay whatever her states CS laws dictate.

~ LIZZY~

To find out what all the fuss is about click the heart:

MsPsychotic
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Honestly, whether it's a Mother or a Father who should be paying Child Support I think the same calculator should be utilized. http://www.alllaw.com/calculators/Childsupport/

Dingleberries
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Technically, she should pay child support.  But as a co-parent, I could see not forcing the issue - as long as you guys are okay financially.  What good does it do to make her even worse off?

ok here's the issue with that... shes wanting another baby with her boyfriend. She says they couldn't afford another baby if she had to pay child support so wouldn't that mean she should maybe keep her legs closed for awhile?

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:28 PM

Quoting Dingleberries:

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

ok here's the issue with that... shes wanting another baby with her boyfriend. She says they couldn't afford another baby if she had to pay child support so wouldn't that mean she should maybe keep her legs closed for awhile?

Man, your situation sucks.  Does he have legal custody of both boys?  I would try to get her to sign off all rights.  If she won't I would push for the support.  And yes, she should keep her legs closed!  Why would she want another one if she can't afford to support the ones she has!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)