Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think she called me a b***ch!!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:21 PM
  • 20 Replies

My daughter will be two in three weeks. She was throwing a tantrum so I picked her up and moved her out of my way so I could get by. I  swear she called me a bitch. I was on the phone with my sister who just laughed and said that she heard it. My husband and I have been trying to watch our mouths, but living on a military base makes it hard to have everyone that comes into our home watch their mouths.I feel like a terrible mom right now. We're going to have to be way more careful of our words, even when we think she isn't listening. Have any of you had your toddler swear at you? or say a swear word? Please tell me I'm not the only one. =(

pregnancy

Proud Marine wife.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBloom777
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:23 PM

He had not sworn at me, but he has said sh*t before.  I really need to get better at watching my words too.  I used to cuss like a sailor!  LOL!  But I'm getting better now. 

VJennyLynnS
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:24 PM

you are definately not the only one! Mine doesn't say bitch because I don't even think she has heard that word.. but we were at the store not too long ago and it was really quiet and my 2 year old yelled FUCK! oh i was soo embarassed.. she occasionally says shit but i've pretty much broke her of saying those words.. at least for now.. luckily lol

Seagodess
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:25 PM

DS (2.5) called me that just out of the blue one time when I took him out for dinner. He didn't know what it meant. He heard another kid at daycare call her mom that.

clhelms
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:25 PM

LOL, it is terrible and it is difficult to stop swearing or erradicate it completly from their everyday lives.  I'm in the same boat as you.  Yesterday while pulling into the library I commented on how it was b/s that the closest spots were reserved for fuel efficient vehicles.  It was freezing and I was in my blazer lol and had my DD (2).  I said that's BS and Averi said yeah mom that's BS, lol.  I said no baby don't say that, lol.

Carrie

SLGross215
by Sarah on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:26 PM

:Last week I was in Walmart with my son (3) and we walked passed this isle of teenagers. They were cussing up a storm so I went by pretty fast. Well I guess not fast enough. We get a couple isles up and all of a sudden he says "OHHHHH SHIIIIT" It was sooooo loud ( they are remodeling so it echo's) and of course he says it right next to another couple in there 50's or so. Of course they laughed, but I was so embarrassed.

FotoFlexer_Animation-2.gif #2 picture by SLGross215

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:28 PM

DS did when he was 3. he said- and i repeat "Drive, Bitch, Drive"... i turned around, popped him on the mouth and i said to NEVER say those words ever again. the mouth popping was just shock basically.. but he somewhat understood it. he kept swearing- not bitch, but shit, fuck, damn, etc for about a week or two later but then i sat down with him, explained all the bad words and that he's not allowed to say them until he is older. we havent figured out when "older" is. but its definitely not at 3 or 4 years old. lol

wearing crown                  backpack
                                         Boo-Boo 
                                      10/15/2005
21 year old single mom of a 4 year old boy. Not sure exactly what kind of mom I am, but I get a chance to better myself everyday. My biggest goal for 2010 is to break out of my shell.

~~~ I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

mz_erica03
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:28 PM

My 2 year old was trying to carry like 5 or 6 toys all at once out to the living room from his bedroom. He was concentrating so hard and walking slow... he dropped one and after sighing he said, "Oh dammmittt!"

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Ugh! My 2 1/2 year old son has been using that word when throwing a fit at me. I don't know where he learned it, but he is going to stop saying it one way or another.  I have tried hot sauce and soap but it has yet to work. Maybe lemon juice next. We live with my FIL and he has a "potty mouth" and I really wish he would watch what he says around his grandson. I really don't know what else to do about it.

mommam58122
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:34 PM

mine says shit but like you we are military and we both need to try to watch our mouths and we are trying but i think im going to implant a new rule and that is take the swearing out of my house it is your house and military or not dont think u cant tell dh's friends watch your mouth in my house and if they argue explain to them we have a small child in the house who does not need to hear that language. like it or get out your choice. 

lovinmykiddo07
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Quoting MamaBloom777:

He had not sworn at me, but he has said sh*t before.  I really need to get better at watching my words too.  I used to cuss like a sailor!  LOL!  But I'm getting better now. 

My 2 year old has said shit before too. He was trying to be sneaky at daycare & his teacher saw him and he said "Oh shit!" & tried to hide behind the corner. I was like That is totally my fault, its my potty word & I'm trying to stop using it!

OP-Idk what I'd do if my son called me a bitch. I'd be super pissed and try not to punish him out of anger. Did you sit her down and explain to her that those are mean words that hurt?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)