Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you friggin kidding me?? She deserves to ROT IN JAIL!!!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:22 PM
  • 17 Replies

So a few months ago, my grandfather brought his wife(my grandma) and 3 of their foster kids to visit. They own a house across from my parents and were staying there for the weekend to work on the house(remodeling) before they moved back in. The 3 foster kids they had with them were 3 girls. They actually had 5 at the time, but the boy was taken to a mental hospital because he was diagnosed by is therapist as mentally unstable. He was 11. The other girl chose to stay home so she could take her ACT's that Saturday.

The 3 girls were 17, 16 and 15. The 17 year old was the boy's sister. My grandparents had had them for almost 2 years. They were in the process of adopting them. The 16 year old they had had for a few months. And the 15 year old they had just gotten the week before.

At 1 am on Friday morning, the 17 year old and the 16 year old SHOT my grandpa in his sleep and tried to shoot my Grandma, but BOTH guns jammed. The 16 year old grabbed the 15 year old and ran across the street to my parents house claiming she had heard gunshots and that the 17 year old(Ashley) had shot them both.

Anyway, my grandparents survived, but it came out during the investigation that the 2 girls had been conspiring to do this all week, had DRUGGED the 15 year old and were gonna kill all 3 of them. Then run BACK to Henryetta and live on their own. Their motive. They were tired of being told what to do by adults. BTW, it came out as well that the 15 year old had been having sex with the 11 year old boy.

We found out last week that Ashley(the 17 year old, the one who did the actual shooting) is only going to spend 18 months in jail because she claimed "disadvantage youth." BULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That girl deserves to rot in jail for attempted murder!

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CODYSMOM_00
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:23 PM

surprised

CafeMom Tickers
zoeysmom331
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:24 PM

OH MY GOd honey I cannot believe you are going through this. My prayers are with you and your family, and I agree with you 100% she should be in jail

in love            toddler girl       puppy     baby dust
Craig and Jen       Zoey Jane        Stella       TTC #2
  5-30-09            3-31-05

AngelicaRenee
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:26 PM

:( I'm so sorry, that's so messed up. It's so stupid what people can get away with. I hope your grandparents are alright. Sucks that this is what happens to them after they're kind enough to take in these kids.

KatherineM
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:27 PM

OMG Yes she deserves to rot in jail.

savedbygrace316
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:27 PM

I think it needs to be longer so she can learn a lesson from this.  Those poor kids probably haven't had that great of a life.  Bless your grandparents for trying to do the right thing!

Quoting CODYSMOM_00:

surprised

CafeMom Tickers 

KokoJones
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:28 PM

that is just ridiculous! and so so scary... that girl definately deserves a hell of a lot more than 18 months in jail... what about the other girl?

CafeMom Tickers

Koko- navy wife-mommy of two- currently baking baby #3

eyeheartsin
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:29 PM

aw, I'm so sorry!! I remember when you first posted this story, I can't believe they charged her with so little! Is there are way to appeal her sentence or anything?

Sunshine172
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Personally, I don't think she does, yes she shot someone you know and love, but if it were my grandpa, and you were reading this, you'd have a different opinion as well.

being a foster parent, the foster parents should know that taking care of teenagers who have had a disruptive past, is dangerous.

why was there a gun in the house ?and were were your grandparents to supervise them ? were did they get the drugs, ect ect.

what she did WAS wrong, but she obviously mentally unstable as well as her brother, but knows how to hide it alot better than a 11 year old ever could.foster homes arn't great, and usually the children feel as if their a check more than anything. I understand her feelings if your grandparents were bossy. this comming from a former foster child. I'd hate to say it, but those are normal feeling towards the foster parents.

boyd-family

WOW! I do not even know what to say! I am so happy your grandpa survived, and I agree the girl should be in jail longer. I am so sorry! 

CafeMom Tickers
kaitlynsmommy31

wow

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)