Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st Family Trip

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:59 PM
  • 6 Replies

My hubby, myself, our DD and my sister and her boyfriend are going to Myrtle Beach next month. I've NEVER been there and this will be our first time traveling with DD. We're gonna drive down (I'm scared to death to fly) so I made a list of things we'll be needing for our 4 day stay and 14 hour drive. Here's my list.

- A case of diapers & wipes

- 12 little Graduates meals for DD & 2 bags of yogurt bites

- Her tickle me Elmo & favorite blanket

- 4 dresses, 2 sets of pj's, 3 tank tops, 2 pair of jeans, 1 pair of flip flops, 3 pairs of socks, 1 hat

- Travel system

- 2 sippy cups

- Pack -n- Play

- Baby lotion & body wash

Anything else I should bring or forgetting?

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
piercedbeauty21
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:10 PM

BUMP

MAyers
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:14 PM

will you all take 1 car? does she like riding in the car? when my youngest was little she didn't. if she doesn't I'd take some books, or something that can hang from her carseat that can make noise. I'd also get some beach toys for her to play in the sand with. My kids get hot easy even in winter maybe get one of the little fans that you can attach to the diaper bag or your purse. good luck and have fun. also i'd bring some type of stroller, even if she's walking she wont want to walk all the time.

NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:16 PM

I always overpack on the clothes since kids are so messy, spit up, get diahrea, etc. I would bring more clothes!

Erin- A stay at home mom currently in online college working towards becoming an elementary school teacher. I'm a simple kind of mommy living a simple kind of life- Raising my family the way that works for me.

piercedbeauty21
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:18 PM

I didn't even think about sand toys! Thanks! As for riding in the car, she really enjoys it. We'll be taking 1 car, so I'm hoping my sister can keep her busy for some of the trip. I'll make sure to add fan & diaper bag to my list..lol. Her travel system is her stroller, but I'm thinking about getting an umbrella stroller instead of taking the whole thing.

Quoting MAyers:

will you all take 1 car? does she like riding in the car? when my youngest was little she didn't. if she doesn't I'd take some books, or something that can hang from her carseat that can make noise. I'd also get some beach toys for her to play in the sand with. My kids get hot easy even in winter maybe get one of the little fans that you can attach to the diaper bag or your purse. good luck and have fun. also i'd bring some type of stroller, even if she's walking she wont want to walk all the time.

southernjess
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Sunblock

Swim Clothes

Lil Swimmers

Water for car ride to use to rinse out sippys if needed

Toys for the car ride

josie824
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:25 PM

i always take extra clothes and shoes. as for the food im pretty sure there are stores you can go to just in case you need more.also i carry a zip lock bag with mortin or any other medicine my kids might need or just in case. have fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)